Sponsored by:

Looking for paint/body shop recommendations in Phoenix Area

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:57 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 750 Likes on 379 Posts
Default Looking for paint/body shop recommendations in Phoenix Area

I've got aerokit parts en route, and would like some suggestions for quality paint shops in the valley, prefereably the east valley. I'm not looking for the best, but I also don't want a shop that has never painted porsche parts. A "middle ground" shop that will do a good job at a fair price is really what I'm looking for. Parts will be off the car, and consiste of bumper, skirts, and the taco! Thanks
Old 09-19-2007, 07:31 PM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott see my post in the other thread! One of my brothers long time friends owns a body shop in the Phoenix area. I havent quoted the parts yet! If youre interested give me a call. He has been in business for over a decade and I have seen a number of exotics there. They also did a nice job on one of our vehicles after a wreck!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:45 PM
RandalJ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott - I'm a fellow '99 zenith blue owner in Ahwatukee. Are you at all worried about paint matching? I've been advised in the past by body shops that you shouldn't just paint a door that's been scratched, that the paint should be blended into the rest of the body. I'm talking metallic paints. The reason being that the paints never match the original exactly, and the only way to "hide" the difference is to do a gradual blending.

I'm thinking that it might not be necessary with the side skirts, since the light hits these at a different angle (though less so on a cloudy day). And maybe not the rear wing. But I WOULD worry about the front bumper because of how it dovetails into the hood and front quarter panels.

Anyway, I've used Jan's Spectrum in Tempe, on Smith Rd, just off of University, between McLintock and Price, and recommend them highly.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:56 AM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 750 Likes on 379 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I will get quotes from both shops. As for blending, yeah, I'm a bit concerned, which is why I just don't want to take the car to Joe Schmoe's Paint and Body. RandalJ, I'm hoping that the fact that I'll be painting entire panels situated on different planes, as you mention, will reduce the obviousness of any shade/color differences. The previous owner of my car had resprayed the bumper just before he listed it, and I absolutely could not tell a difference in color. Should have asked him where he got it done. I'll keep you all posted on my progress. Scott.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:37 AM
John Henry III - AZ
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott, Hunter's auto body in Mesa is fantastic. Prolly not the cheapest however. Their facility is over the top. they have a website. http://www.hunterspaintandbody.com If you call them tell Hunter I gave you their name. They did some work on my Boxster and the paint is awsome, far and away superior to the factory. So much that I have considerd having them re-paint my 03 C4S just because it is that good.

Quick Reply: Looking for paint/body shop recommendations in Phoenix Area