996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

How to remove "A" pillars

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007 | 06:06 PM
ReidN
Pro

Default How to remove "A" pillars

I need to know how to remove the leather "A" pillar covers on the inside of the car. So I can replace the carbon fiber defrosters that have cracked. Do they just pull off? Also do the defroster vents just pull off going straight up?
Old 09-17-2007 | 06:19 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

don't know the answer, but isn't that where the reception antenna for the key remote is? There were a million threads at one point about how to remove the covers to extend the antenna for better coverage.

It's worth a search........
Old 09-17-2007 | 08:22 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ReidN
I need to know how to remove the leather "A" pillar covers on the inside of the car. So I can replace the carbon fiber defrosters that have cracked. Do they just pull off? Also do the defroster vents just pull off going straight up?
Don't let Tim or Dell get ahold of this thread. Heck, I better give you an answer before someone gets all DAFS DAFS DAFS on you. You know how some people will be like, "Why don't you use the search function - there was just a thread on this last week." " And an exact duplicate back in March." And, stuff like "doesn't the Search work in Chicago." You know, all those people and their DAFS kick. Geesh.

Well before anyone gets on here and flames you for not simply clicking search and entering the word "pillar" in the 996 forum (essentially DAFS), I suppose I'll give you these:

Last Week's Thread and March's Thread.

[we all love a little sarcasm ]

-td <-- see I saved you from a
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2007 | 12:30 AM
K996
Racer

Smile

Originally Posted by td873
Don't let Tim or Dell get ahold of this thread. Heck, I better give you an answer before someone gets all DAFS DAFS DAFS on you. You know how some people will be like, "Why don't you use the search function - there was just a thread on this last week." " And an exact duplicate back in March." And, stuff like "doesn't the Search work in Chicago." You know, all those people and their DAFS kick. Geesh.

Nicely done.
Old 09-18-2007 | 12:40 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by td873

Well before anyone gets on here and flames you for not simply clicking search and entering the word "pillar" in the 996 forum (essentially DAFS), I suppose I'll give you these:

Last Week's Thread and March's Thread.

[we all love a little sarcasm ]

-td <-- see I saved you from a

TD - I have created a new emoticom for the search function.

Much better than the previous one, because you can imbed it into the text!
Old 09-18-2007 | 11:47 AM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Quick Reply: How to remove "A" pillars