Sponsored by:

Replacing rear quarter window seal on a cab

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 PM
MagnusB
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Replacing rear quarter window seal on a cab

I have been trying to figure out how to replace the seal on the rear quarter windows but cannot figure it out.
I'm really afraid of having rubber left in the metal profile after riping out the old seal.
It doesn't look too easy to clean out the profile.
Also, the seal continues down into the side of the car, if it is glued into the profile all the way then I have to tear down the whole side.
Has anybody done this?

Loren submitted this instruction.

Removing side window seal
Remove the side window seal with the convertible top open and the side window extended. To do this press the microswitch in the windscreen frame and actuate the rocker switch at the same time until the side window is completely extended. Pull the side window seal down and out of the window profile.

Installing side window seal
Remove adhesive residues from above and below the window profile if present. Pull the side window seal from below into the window profile. Pull it in using soapy water as a lubricant. Clean the upper seal end (free from grease and lubricant). Coat the upper surface of the seal (1) with Loctite 480 instant adhesive and bond with the side window profile.
Attached Images  
Old 04-08-2021, 12:57 AM
Medford997
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Did you end up replacing these weather strips? Any insights as I am looking to do mine.

Quick Reply: Replacing rear quarter window seal on a cab