996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Kelly Blue Book....?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 12:13 PM
slaaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm selling a BMW currently and I priced it based on similar year, mileage, and location. Yet, KBB is considerably lower and it just gives potential buyers leverage to work the price down. My experience with KBB is that the prices listed are unrealistic. When you go for a trade in, the dealer offers you even less than KBBs trade in price, and when you shop of cars, higher end cars that is, the asking prices are typically higher than KBB. However, I agree with the orininal poster in that buyers all seem to know KBB and talk about it.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:17 AM
jasper
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RF5BPilot
...The fantasy is to find an excellent car for the price of a beater....
I am living a fantasy like this - although by now I deserve it!

I bought a seal grey 2002, black full leather, 18 inch wheel, litronic car with no PSM (my preference,) and a year of CPO left for $35K last april. It had 41K miles on it. By all measure a smoking deal and man do I L-U-V that car. Thanks Bob if you're reading this btw.

Let's remember it's only money though guys. Really what's $5K when you're driving a late model Porsche and you have a big house and all the crap that goes with it. Let's face it...if someone said to me I'll give you five grand if you spend the next year trying to sell a slightly overpriced luxusry sports car in a glut market - I'd tel them no thanks. That's 50 hours of work at $100 per hour. Normal overtime rates. YMMV

Originally Posted by RF5BPilot
(btw, a custom red Boxter interior is more Rare than a "plain old black interior"...not unlike some of the Ferrari red interiors. Makes it more unique; stands out with more character.)
I agree - neat colour. I'd have to see it in real life before I make my mind up whether I'd own it or not though.

Quick Reply: Kelly Blue Book....?