Sponsored by:

Like your Targa with TIP??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 11:00 AM
94rsa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Like your Targa with TIP??

I am looking at possible '02 Targa purchase and would like your likes and dislikes, would you purchase again etc. Tiptronic trans needed also---Thanks so much! I just don't want to make a mistake-----Bill

Last edited by 94rsa; 08-05-2007 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Left out important info
Old 08-05-2007, 12:13 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill,

Before you buy the targa you are looking at, you should really look at mine. it is an '02 Arctic Silver/black, aerokit, full carbon, with tons of the factory/diy type mods that make the car extraordinarily special. Plus, it has the Porsche cpo warranty until into next year. Oh yeah, it has a little under 26K miles. Here are a few pics: Send me a pm with your contact info if you would like to arrange a time to see it:

TD (and yes, I live in Washington DC).
Attached Images      
Old 08-05-2007, 12:48 PM
gr8330
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice TD
Old 08-05-2007, 12:59 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

I would love to sell it locally to a fellow enthusiast. It has too many of those "little" mods that non-enthusiasts don't know, like removing the cutout for the Porsche Sport Exhaust while leaving the electronic switch in, so now the exhaust is either full on or full off without that annoying cutout around 35 mph.

The Targa is outstanding, and it is perfect as a daily driver, particularly in the east coast climate.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Shane D
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Bill,

Before you buy the targa you are looking at, you should really look at mine. it is an '02 Arctic Silver/black, aerokit, full carbon, with tons of the factory/diy type mods that make the car extraordinarily special. Plus, it has the Porsche cpo warranty until into next year. Oh yeah, it has a little under 26K miles. Here are a few pics: Send me a pm with your contact info if you would like to arrange a time to see it:

TD (and yes, I live in Washington DC).
That is a really nice car! Is that a turbo spoiler on the back? Was the carbon fiber original? What are you asking? No I am not in the market, but like to keep track of pricing.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:28 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

The spoiler on the back is the Porsche spoiler for cabs and Targas. It is part of a package that includes a front splitter that snaps underneath the front bumper (it is not visible unless you put it on the lift).

The carbon fiber is all Porsche OEM. It was a 6 or 7K option from the factory.

The local dealer told me I should price it in the low 60s and negotiate. That's not really my style. I would rather sell it for mid 50s and negotiate less. For anyone who knows Porsches, this car is very, very special.

Quick Reply: Like your Targa with TIP??