Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Anyone interested in a high quality replica aero kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 01:46 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone interested in a high quality replica aero kit?

I am considering selling my brand new (still in primer) replica aero kit. It is the MK1 GT3 replica front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper 'winglets'. This kit is very high quality FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic), not some cheap china garbage. The only difference is the front bumper has no pre-drilled license plate bracket holes (good thing, in my opinion-- and it still has the tow hook hole, outside temp sensor mount hole, etc. everything except the license plate holes)

Someone I know purchased the same kit, and their body guy said it required very little work to fit, i.e. fitment was close to the OEM kit.

I paid $1300 for all of it (which was a deal, since I went through the guy who already ordered one)-- I would sell everything for a quick $1000.

I am located in Atlanta, and would even throw in the lower lip piece for the front bumper for free. I really prefer not to ship as I no longer have the boxes, but am open to whatever.

I can take pics tomorrow if anyone is interested. . .

thanks
-t
Old 08-04-2007, 02:04 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tedwright
I am considering selling my brand new (still in primer) replica aero kit. It is the MK1 GT3 replica front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper 'winglets'. This kit is very high quality FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic), not some cheap china garbage. The only difference is the front bumper has no pre-drilled license plate bracket holes (good thing, in my opinion-- and it still has the tow hook hole, outside temp sensor mount hole, etc. everything except the license plate holes)

Someone I know purchased the same kit, and their body guy said it required very little work to fit, i.e. fitment was close to the OEM kit.

I paid $1300 for all of it (which was a deal, since I went through the guy who already ordered one)-- I would sell everything for a quick $1000.

I am located in Atlanta, and would even throw in the lower lip piece for the front bumper for free. I really prefer not to ship as I no longer have the boxes, but am open to whatever.

I can take pics tomorrow if anyone is interested. . .

thanks
-t
Ted - that sounds like s smokin' deal! If I weren't selling my 996.....

BTW - what do you mean "I can take pics tomorrow if anyone is interested. . ." Doh!

Of course we are interested! Don't make me use the "THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!" emoticon!

BTW - nice avatar! We now have 4 Dachshounds!
Old 08-04-2007, 03:11 AM
AsianImage
Racer

I am pretty sure you do not want to separate the kit but...just in case you are willing to PART out...

I would be interested in the rear little winglets...that is the only thing I am missing from my aero kit.

Maybe if someone is interested in the kit minus the winglets we can work out something out?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:40 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Okay Tim, when I get home I will snap some pics and post them up-- just for you !!

Ps- good luck with the sale. I love the color combo-- great interior !!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:03 PM
dennish
Track Day

Can you post the name of who made the kit since I am in Oregon and shipping would be too costly?? Thanks.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Botsy67
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I am also interrested it if it's still for sale.
Thanks,
Old 08-04-2007, 05:56 PM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Lets see those pics, MK1 is my favorite aero kit and Im looking to knock the dust off of my wallet....
Old 08-04-2007, 10:00 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tedwright
Okay Tim, when I get home I will snap some pics and post them up-- just for you !!

Ps- good luck with the sale. I love the color combo-- great interior !!
Thanks! Can't wait to see the pics. See, if I try really hard, I can exercise some restraint! Plus, I have a high amount of respect for Lifetime Rennlist Members!

And thanks for the compliment on my car!
Old 08-04-2007, 10:03 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by michael.s.under
Lets see those pics, MK1 is my favorite aero kit and Im looking to knock the dust off of my wallet....
Michael - I have a feather duster and can help you unload the extra "wallet weight."
Old 08-04-2007, 10:40 PM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Tim, but you can ask my wife if I need any help spending money on my car. And just having a wife should tell you my wallet doesnt have too much time to get dusty anyways
Old 08-04-2007, 11:45 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey guys-- tons of email. Everyone wants to see pics. I didn't have time to stop at my barn tonight (had to put a wastegate in my 951) but I will do it tomorrow for sure.

Tim, I will also get you some pics of little Reagan are yours short hair? Red?

Shipping will probably be expensive-- I will only charge actual shipping charges. I would imagine the side skirts and rear winglets can be sent together for $50 or so (conti us) and the front bumper probably more like $125.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:49 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by gota911
Thanks! Can't wait to see the pics. See, if I try really hard, I can exercise some restraint! Plus, I have a high amount of respect for Lifetime Rennlist Members!

And thanks for the compliment on my car!
Thanks !! I am very thankful for the gift from John D. I am very proud to wear the tag.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:18 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sold. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in a high quality replica aero kit?