Sponsored by:

Avoid Brandywine Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 12:44 AM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by viper501
If you look over at 6speedonline, there are additional posts regarding peoples personal experiences with Brandywine.

Thanks for the info....
Old 07-15-2007, 08:59 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

It astounds me that in this day of the internet where inormation can be shared so quickly and to such a relatively large audience, that all Dealers aren't extra vigilant to prevent customer dissatisfaction. This forum has a large number of members and I can't imagine the harm done to the reputation of Brandywine from this one thread.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:44 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
It astounds me that in this day of the internet where inormation can be shared so quickly and to such a relatively large audience, that all Dealers aren't extra vigilant to prevent customer dissatisfaction. This forum has a large number of members and I can't imagine the harm done to the reputation of Brandywine from this one thread.
Yeah, they are "toast" around here now.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

On a recent BMW posting (http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw...8511302-1.html)
an owner complained loudly about a dealership experience. I asked him to name the dealer. Not sure what he was afraid of, but he wussed out and wouldn't do it. It's important that poor quality dealers are exposed on these boards - they read these posts, and I have to believe take them seriously. They can't be all too pleased when they're publically blasted, especially when it's clearly deserved. By exposing poor dealers with questionable business practices, we're providing a critically importance service.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:59 AM
viper501
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was the point of my post. It chaps my behind when a dealership behaves this way, or has an employee who does. The real kicker was the total screw you attitude taken by the parts manager when his employee admitted that he'd lied to me, repeatedly. And if Brandywine wants to take legal issue with me, I'm more than prepared to defend myself, seeing how that is what I do, and counterclaim against them.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:05 PM
fast1
Race Car

Originally Posted by viper501
This was the point of my post. It chaps my behind when a dealership behaves this way, or has an employee who does. The real kicker was the total screw you attitude taken by the parts manager when his employee admitted that he'd lied to me, repeatedly. And if Brandywine wants to take legal issue with me, I'm more than prepared to defend myself, seeing how that is what I do, and counterclaim against them.
I would doubt very much that they will take you to court. It would only bring attention to an issue that they would just as soon sweep under the rug.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:52 PM
fast1
Race Car

Originally Posted by Phil G.
On a recent BMW posting (http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw...8511302-1.html)
an owner complained loudly about a dealership experience. I asked him to name the dealer. Not sure what he was afraid of, but he wussed out and wouldn't do it. It's important that poor quality dealers are exposed on these boards - they read these posts, and I have to believe take them seriously. They can't be all too pleased when they're publically blasted, especially when it's clearly deserved. By exposing poor dealers with questionable business practices, we're providing a critically importance service.
I couldn't agree more. Dealers must really hate the internet. In the old days they could do their thing without fear of it having any major repercussions, regardless of how egrigious the act. I was just reading over at the Corvette forum where there are several GM Dealers still asking $5K over MSRP for C6s. Imagine how happy these Dealers are when the forum Dealers offer the same car for near invoice.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:13 PM
bgrpph
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

so here's my story which i posted on other forum- minor purchase but still no product or response to my many emails last week.

monday 7/8 bought B&M short shifter from Brandywine via ebay- good price + $12.50 shipping- paid immediately via pay pal- Next morning i
get email saying they need minimum of $40 to ship item that they can't even ship to west coast for $12.50 much less to HI.
Sent emails over next 4 days questioning the shipping since the ebay offer showed set shipping price- offered to pay us postal rates but said $40 to ship this one item was too much, even to Hawaii.
No response to any of my 4 emails- started a pay pal dispute- said i wanted item shipped as shown on ebay or my $ refunded. no response to that either so far.
Thurday 7/12 finally called Brandywine and spoke to Brian. His name was on email i received though he said he did not send me any email, didn't know anything about request for more $ and had not seen any of my emails sent to them- said it must have been the parts guys who used his name.

He told me the short shift item was shipped -couldn't give me any date or shipping numbers as shipping guy was out. i've not received anything yet as of 7/.15- waiting to see if it will come early next week or if i need to call again.

It is inexcusable that none of my emails to the parts folks from monday thruough thursday were responded to, the pay pal item was not responded to. I hate this aggrevation over a small $135 item.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:23 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,657 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by bgrpph
so here's my story which i posted on other forum- minor purchase but still no product or response to my many emails last week.

monday 7/8 bought B&M short shifter from Brandywine via ebay- good price + $12.50 shipping- paid immediately via pay pal- Next morning i
get email saying they need minimum of $40 to ship item that they can't even ship to west coast for $12.50 much less to HI.
Sent emails over next 4 days questioning the shipping since the ebay offer showed set shipping price- offered to pay us postal rates but said $40 to ship this one item was too much, even to Hawaii.
No response to any of my 4 emails- started a pay pal dispute- said i wanted item shipped as shown on ebay or my $ refunded. no response to that either so far.
Thurday 7/12 finally called Brandywine and spoke to Brian. His name was on email i received though he said he did not send me any email, didn't know anything about request for more $ and had not seen any of my emails sent to them- said it must have been the parts guys who used his name.

He told me the short shift item was shipped -couldn't give me any date or shipping numbers as shipping guy was out. i've not received anything yet as of 7/.15- waiting to see if it will come early next week or if i need to call again.

It is inexcusable that none of my emails to the parts folks from monday thruough thursday were responded to, the pay pal item was not responded to. I hate this aggrevation over a small $135 item.
if the listing didn't say the max distance that 12.50 shipping charge covers, they should honor it even if i want them to ship it to mars. plus, you gave them an out. they can just refund $$$.

"the shipping guy is out" that's is the worst excuse i have heard. when my employees give me that sh*t, i fire them on the spot and i have done that many times. so if the shipping guy dies tomorrow, the entire brandywhine enterprise closes it's door? have they not heard fail-safe? every piece of info must have backup, if A dies, B takes over, if B dies, C takes over. simple business practice.
if my wife dies tomorrow, i sure as hell know where to find baby food for my daughter. i am not gonna tell her geeze, sorry, ma died, you are on your own. what a load of fk.

the correct answer would be "i dropped the ball, i will learn from this experience. now what can i do to make you happy."
Old 07-16-2007, 12:00 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
This forum has a large number of members and I can't imagine the harm done to the reputation of Brandywine from this one thread.
Unless Brandywine continues to provide **** poor service on a regular basis this will all be forgotten about in two months time.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:39 AM
viper501
Instructor

Originally Posted by mooty

the correct answer would be "i dropped the ball, i will learn from this experience. now what can i do to make you happy."
Amen!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:22 AM
fast1
Race Car

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Unless Brandywine continues to provide **** poor service on a regular basis this will all be forgotten about in two months time.
Jason - I use to be in sales many years ago, and my experience is that negative experiences are remembered far long than positive ones. Of course an individual who has a long positive relationship with a company will not likely be influenced by something that he has read. On the other hand those like myself who have little or no relationship with Brandywine will certainly be influenced. Moreover, when a negative incident is reported there's always the ripple effect, like the pebble thrown into a pond. A couple of hundred people read the negative inncident on this forum, and they in turn relate the incident to one or two friends and these people talk to their friends, etc.

Of course a neagative experience that happened to someone personally is far more important than one that he read about, and maybe the latter type will be forgotten much quicker as you suggest.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:59 AM
chuckla
Racer

Viper, was thinking of buying a car from them. But not now. Yes, there are two sides to every story but your account is temperate and factual. I have little doubt but that you have got it right. Why deal with a dealership that pulls a stunt like this? Sure, others may have had good dealings. But, this isn't the first time s/o has complained about Brandywine. I'm not willing to take the risk when there are other dealers without black marks.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:14 PM
viper501
Instructor

Chuckla, I'd be just as hesitant to buy a car from them. There is a thread on here or on 6speedonline.com where they screwed someone out of a 997 GT3 after supposedly taking a deposit on the car. It is almost as if the dealership is nothing more than a bunch of 14 year olds w/ a good internet connection. Totally full of it. I really wonder what would have happened had I sent the money? Frightening.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:10 PM
chuckla
Racer

The wire transfer requirement reminds me of the Nigerian fraudsters who have been contacting me, with love, since the 1970s. You handled all of that very well.

Quick Reply: Avoid Brandywine Porsche