996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Used cars in Denver

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:52 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Paragon is closed. I don't know why...we used to meet there.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Shane D
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by wross996tt
Man, places are going down faster than I can get there
Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:47 PM
RAC
Racer

Originally Posted by wross996tt

It is not that hard to figure out.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Shane D
Pro

Question

Originally Posted by RAC
It is not that hard to figure out.
Could you enlighten the uninformed? Drug related? Or just poor management?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Jackel
Instructor

Dang! Well, thanks for letting us know its closed.

Hmmm.... nevermind my suggestion LOL!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:29 PM
RAC
Racer

Originally Posted by Shane D
Could you enlighten the uninformed? Drug related? Or just poor management?

Drugs? No, not that I am aware of. When I was trying to buy an Fcar there they just dropped the ball so many times. It was very frustrating. They started off great but never finished anything. I remember thinking to myself that these guys will never make it. Plus a good majority of the cars were from different brokers and consignment cars.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Shane D
Pro

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RAC
Drugs? No, not that I am aware of. When I was trying to buy an Fcar there they just dropped the ball so many times. It was very frustrating. They started off great but never finished anything. I remember thinking to myself that these guys will never make it. Plus a good majority of the cars were from different brokers and consignment cars.
Thanks for the info! Although I do not plan on buying this year, I will probably end up going through the US for my new toy. Just trying to keep track of who keeps people happy and who doesn't.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:22 PM
RAC
Racer

You could also check these guys out... don’t know anything about them. I think they are over by Coors Field.

http://www.weiscomotorcars.com/new_page_11.htm
Old 07-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Shane D
Pro

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RAC
You could also check these guys out... don’t know anything about them. I think they are over by Coors Field.

http://www.weiscomotorcars.com/new_page_11.htm
Thanks for the lead. They have some cool cars.
I think I will have to hit two or three lots to find the exact cars that I am tracking.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Shane D
Pro

Post Trip results

If you are looking for a Porsche in Denver, you definitely have some choices. I checked out four dealerships, and three were GREAT.

1) Weisco is pretty middle of the road. All are inside and they have a BEAUTIFUL Maserati on sale: Grey with burgandy interior. 2004 with 13,000 miles. Asking $56,900.00. REALLY nice to look at. Nothing else.

2) The Gallery in Denver. All indoor. VERY small. But what a line-up!!! Three new GT3 RS's, and one GT3. Plus a GT40 race car, a Bently, a 67 vette, and my first introduction, in the flesh, to a 2006 C4S in Lapis Blue! My wife could not take her eyes off the C4S. It was beautiful. Out of my league (price wise), but VERY pretty. Also checked out the owners' car, a Carrera GT. WOW!!
Mike the salesman talked to us for forty minutes even after I said that I was not buying this year. Then the owner Ross came out and chatted for a while. I then asked Mike to call me a cab to get back to the hotel. His response: he grabbed a Cayenne and drove us back!! This is a first class outfit, and I WILL give them a shot next year. The cars, the people, and the experience was awesome! Thanks for the pointer Boulder Nick.

3) Stevinson Imports. They are a Porsche dealer and have a great selection of new and used. I also got to check out a Jag XKR (2005). As I feared it does not fit me. The new ones do, but are too expensive for me. A salesman named George was very helpful and I just about drooled on a new 997 black turbo. Very nice new and used.

4) Rocky Mountain Eurosport. I pulled into the parking lot and though "oh crap!". Turns out that the beaters are out front and the nice stuff is in a warehouse out back. Two unique BMW's, a Maserati, two Jag XKR's, a Mercedes hard top convertible, a vette, and a WHACK of Porsches. A couple of 993's and lots of 996's, including C4S's and turbos. And he wanted to sell me a turbo BAD. Once he knew I was not going to buy today, he was gone. The biggest selection of Porsches I have ever seen outside of a Porsche dealer. If I could find a good person for PPI's, I would look at his stuff. Lots of choices.

And that was just four places! When I look at the selection and prices, I will definitely import my new toy.

Thanks a lot RAC for the leads, and also Nick. We had a great time looking and it confirmed my once wavering choice. No BMW, Mercedes, or Jag in my future (at least not two door).
Old 08-04-2007, 11:26 PM
BoulderNick
Three Wheelin'

Location: Boulder, CO : 12 Square miles surrounded by reality.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you had fun... Mike must be new at the Gallery.. when I bought, it
was just Ross and the financial guy, Andreas.. Ross is a great guy just to
shoot the sh*t with, though, and they do go outta their way to help.

- Nick

If you are looking for a Porsche in Denver, you definitely have some choices. I checked out four dealerships, and three were GREAT.

1) Weisco is pretty middle of the road. All are inside and they have a BEAUTIFUL Maserati on sale: Grey with burgandy interior. 2004 with 13,000 miles. Asking $56,900.00. REALLY nice to look at. Nothing else.

2) The Gallery in Denver. All indoor. VERY small. But what a line-up!!! Three new GT3 RS's, and one GT3. Plus a GT40 race car, a Bently, a 67 vette, and my first introduction, in the flesh, to a 2006 C4S in Lapis Blue! My wife could not take her eyes off the C4S. It was beautiful. Out of my league (price wise), but VERY pretty. Also checked out the owners' car, a Carrera GT. WOW!!
Mike the salesman talked to us for forty minutes even after I said that I was not buying this year. Then the owner Ross came out and chatted for a while. I then asked Mike to call me a cab to get back to the hotel. His response: he grabbed a Cayenne and drove us back!! This is a first class outfit, and I WILL give them a shot next year. The cars, the people, and the experience was awesome! Thanks for the pointer Boulder Nick.

3) Stevinson Imports. They are a Porsche dealer and have a great selection of new and used. I also got to check out a Jag XKR (2005). As I feared it does not fit me. The new ones do, but are too expensive for me. A salesman named George was very helpful and I just about drooled on a new 997 black turbo. Very nice new and used.

4) Rocky Mountain Eurosport. I pulled into the parking lot and though "oh crap!". Turns out that the beaters are out front and the nice stuff is in a warehouse out back. Two unique BMW's, a Maserati, two Jag XKR's, a Mercedes hard top convertible, a vette, and a WHACK of Porsches. A couple of 993's and lots of 996's, including C4S's and turbos. And he wanted to sell me a turbo BAD. Once he knew I was not going to buy today, he was gone. The biggest selection of Porsches I have ever seen outside of a Porsche dealer. If I could find a good person for PPI's, I would look at his stuff. Lots of choices.

And that was just four places! When I look at the selection and prices, I will definitely import my new toy.

Thanks a lot RAC for the leads, and also Nick. We had a great time looking and it confirmed my once wavering choice. No BMW, Mercedes, or Jag in my future (at least not two door).
Old 08-06-2007, 03:48 PM
RAC
Racer

No worries glad you were able to see some cars. I too am looking at a Maserati Coupe. I like a lot things about the car but not sold on it yet. Time will tell if I get rid of the C4 and jump into the Maser.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Shane D
Pro

Originally Posted by RAC
No worries glad you were able to see some cars. I too am looking at a Maserati Coupe. I like a lot things about the car but not sold on it yet. Time will tell if I get rid of the C4 and jump into the Maser.
Is it the one at Weisco? I have to admit that after my trip, i really changed my ideas about certain cars. Those Maserati cars are smaller than I thought and REALLY beautiful in person.
They also have one at Rocky Mountain, but not as nice, IMO.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:15 PM
RAC
Racer

Is it the one at Weisco? I have to admit that after my trip, i really changed my ideas about certain cars. Those Maserati cars are smaller than I thought and REALLY beautiful in person.
They also have one at Rocky Mountain, but not as nice, IMO.
The coupes are on the small side and Maser replaced them with a new model which is a lot larger car.

I drove one at Ferrari of Denver which was a 03 coupe, F1, black on black and a 04 spider, true manual, black and tan at a MB dealership. I liked the coupe over the spider. The F1 gear box takes a little to get use too and I hated the clutch in the spider. The travel length was just way to long for me. But the spider did have a Tubi exhaust which sounded so good! The interior is far above and beyond my C4. The Maser has a lot going for it a Ferrari source drive train which makes a great sound and good looks. But the braking, suspension needs work and there are some really bad blind spots. The car just didn’t feel as planted as my C4.

I think I need a few more test drives to see if that is how it really feels to me. It will be hard to give up my C4. The problem with Porsche is their cars do so many things so well that after awhile the car is a bit of a bore but also hard to give up. Time will tell what I end up with.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Shane D
Pro

Originally Posted by RAC
The coupes are on the small side and Maser replaced them with a new model which is a lot larger car.

I drove one at Ferrari of Denver which was a 03 coupe, F1, black on black and a 04 spider, true manual, black and tan at a MB dealership. I liked the coupe over the spider. The F1 gear box takes a little to get use too and I hated the clutch in the spider. The travel length was just way to long for me. But the spider did have a Tubi exhaust which sounded so good! The interior is far above and beyond my C4. The Maser has a lot going for it a Ferrari source drive train which makes a great sound and good looks. But the braking, suspension needs work and there are some really bad blind spots. The car just didn’t feel as planted as my C4.

I think I need a few more test drives to see if that is how it really feels to me. It will be hard to give up my C4. The problem with Porsche is their cars do so many things so well that after awhile the car is a bit of a bore but also hard to give up. Time will tell what I end up with.
The Gallery in Denver has a 997 C4S cab in Lapis Blue! Beautiful but expensive. Not real keen on the Coco interior though.
Love to hear the comparision between the Maserati and the Porsche.

Quick Reply: Used cars in Denver