Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Custom Wheels and Spacers FINALLY done and ON!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Gator911
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom Wheels and Spacers FINALLY done and ON!

WooHoo..What do you guys think? It took a while to get the wheels done to perfection...

I will have better pics when it stops raining!

-Keith

Old 06-27-2007, 06:12 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keith...you finally got them...very nice I have to be honest the yellow rim I will have to get use to but I like the fact that you did something different and yellow works. BTW what are the wheel specifications, also tyres?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice....... i love the kit as well....
Old 06-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Gator911
Racer

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Keith...you finally got them...very nice I have to be honest the yellow rim I will have to get use to but I like the fact that you did something different and yellow works. BTW what are the wheel specifications, also tyres?
I know it's a reach but I WANTED to do something different...It looks better to me everytime I see them(which has been twice haha)....I plan on adding some more Speed Yellow accents in various places in the future...

Better pics will do better justice...I think the car looks WAY hotter Rolling though!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:26 PM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Very, very nice, love the yellow stripe. Great choice!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:30 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Gator911
I know it's a reach but I WANTED to do something different...It looks better to me everytime I see them(which has been twice haha)....I plan on adding some more Speed Yellow accents in various places in the future...

Better pics will do better justice...I think the car looks WAY hotter Rolling though!
Again Yellow was the correct choice to do something different with, it goes with your calipers. Not sure how you will go about doing some additional accents on the exterior but I am willing to see you try
Old 06-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Caguy
Advanced

Love the black on black. I think the yellow is pretty cool. I agree you should play that up.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

i like em a lot. looks like TE37's but better because they're bbS
Old 06-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Gator911
Racer

Again Yellow was the correct choice to do something different with, it goes with your calipers. Not sure how you will go about doing some additional accents on the exterior but I am willing to see you try
I dont know either...Maybe mirrors, front lip, and rear lip of the taco...Interior will be easy.

Since you have the taco, does yours have a lip on the lower edge too or is this a case by case thing?

I had black with polished lip and while it is the classiest(and most used) look, I think the yellow is very edgy...I have no CarreraGT but im closer I cant wait to see some rolling shots and get my tires blacked.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:51 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

I dont know either...Maybe mirrors, front lip, and rear lip of the taco...Interior will be easy.

Since you have the taco, does yours have a lip on the lower edge too or is this a case by case thing?

I had black with polished lip and while it is the classiest(and most used) look, I think the yellow is very edgy...I have no CarreraGT but im closer I cant wait to see some rolling shots and get my tires blacked.
Ahhh what some people call the wicker bill or gurney flap. It actually comes with the factory kit. It sticks on to the lower portion of the rear wing. Mine does not have it, I called the previous owner because they had the kit put on only a few months prior to me buying the car to see where it was, but they didn't have it. So I ordered one from the Porsche dealer and it should be here in a couple of weeks. I will have them install it though as like I said, it glues on and has to set for at least 12 hours. So if they mess it up then they have to fix it. But it is black and so it will work well with my SY.

Again Yellow works with your wheel, if you did red I would have to say NASCAR...so be careful my friend.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:52 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I am not generally a fan of black wheels, but those actually look pretty good to me. I really like the style of the wheel. Yellow lip is to me kinda like Gulf Blue or some other funky color Porsche..not something I would have the nuts to do, but something I think is cool to see.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Gator911
Racer

Ahhh what some people call the wicker bill or gurney flap. It actually comes with the factory kit. It sticks on to the lower portion of the rear wing. Mine does not have it, I called the previous owner because they had the kit put on only a few months prior to me buying the car to see where it was, but they didn't have it. So I ordered one from the Porsche dealer and it should be here in a couple of weeks. I will have them install it though as like I said, it glues on and has to set for at least 12 hours. So if they mess it up then they have to fix it. But it is black and so it will work well with my SY.

Again Yellow works with your wheel, if you did red I would have to say NASCAR...so be careful my friend.
NASCAR??!! NEVER! btw, how much was that lip?

Originally Posted by blk on blk
I am not generally a fan of black wheels, but those actually look pretty good to me. I really like the style of the wheel. Yellow lip is to me kinda like Gulf Blue or some other funky color Porsche..not something I would have the nuts to do, but something I think is cool to see.
Agreed! If i get sick of It I will just stop washing it!!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:00 PM
adybuncio
Advanced

looks awesome!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:03 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

NASCAR??!! NEVER! btw, how much was that lip?
I knew that would get your attention but I see the NASCAR fans drive around in there want-to-be NASCAR cars with painted wheel lip, red. I know that is a little stretch but at first it reminded me of those wheels but then realized it is a Porsche and BBS too, absolutely no comparison. BTW I am not a NASCAR fan at all !!!

Lip (Part Number: 996 512 988 00) = $278. Yep a lot of money for a piece of plastic, but it maybe more than just a piece of plastic I hope so for that price. According to other Rennlist users and some others this is a part that is required for the stability of the car at high speeds, so I do not want to take the risk.

Last edited by TheSpeedDemon; 06-27-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Watch out for those stone chips on your brand news painted rims. Maybe you should just park it in your garage and take more pics :-)

Quick Reply: Custom Wheels and Spacers FINALLY done and ON!