Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Key remote reprogramming under warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 10:54 PM
TomP
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key remote reprogramming under warranty?

Firstly, I will post pics of my recently purchased '03 Cab as soon as my membership goes through. But right now I need some ammunition. One of the items the PPI came up with is that the key remotes don't work, but because the car is under warranty, they should be reprogrammed at no cost. Took the car in this morning only to hear the service manager later say that they are NOT covered by the warranty!

Does anyone have any proof that they are covered? Preferably in writing?

Thanks!

tom
Old 06-25-2007, 11:38 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

it's covered under factory warranty but not CPO. have had mine reprogrammed/replaced multiple times. never an issue.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:19 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TomP
Firstly, I will post pics of my recently purchased '03 Cab as soon as my membership goes through. But right now I need some ammunition. One of the items the PPI came up with is that the key remotes don't work, but because the car is under warranty, they should be reprogrammed at no cost. Took the car in this morning only to hear the service manager later say that they are NOT covered by the warranty!

Does anyone have any proof that they are covered? Preferably in writing?

Thanks!

tom
Can't help with the key question, but you do NOT have to be a Member to post pics. Hint, hint!

Hey Chuck, was that better?
Old 06-26-2007, 08:59 AM
TomP
Rennlist Member

This is a factory warranty. So how do I convince them that it is covered?

Originally Posted by spiderv6
it's covered under factory warranty but not CPO. have had mine reprogrammed/replaced multiple times. never an issue.
tom
Old 06-26-2007, 09:17 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

keys should be covered.........however there is no way to reprogram a key it doesnt work you needa new one.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TomP
This is a factory warranty. So how do I convince them that it is covered?

tom

Call Porsche North America and ask them... +1 800-767-7243
Old 06-27-2007, 02:48 PM
TomP
Rennlist Member

I called another local Porsche dealer to find out what they do and they said that it "depends on the circumstances" for warranty coverage. Kinda pisses me off that there is so much variation for something that I think would be spelled out clearly. Maybe I'll call PCNA and ask anyway.

So I called my dealer and said just update one remote. Went to pick it up & service manager said that they updated both, but he'll only charge for one.

Not what I was hoping for, but at least they used K-Y.

Thanks.

tom
Old 06-27-2007, 08:47 PM
SHAY2N10
Advanced

My car only came with one remote and two weeks after I bought it I noticed that I would have to hold down the button for a long time and it would finally work. Then someone told me there is a problem with the system because the alarm indicator light was blinking twice when the alarm is armed. So I took it in and the dealer said there is a problem with the remote. Since I just got the car the GE waranty transfer hasn't gone through yet so they told me to mail them the invoice and when everything goes through they will review it. So I paid for a new remote and programing but it still doesn't work right, it works better but sometimes I have to hold the button down and the light still blinks twice. So stupid, I wonder what it is.

My cuz with the same car, 02 C2 cab, has the same problem except his remote doesn't even work at all!

Quick Reply: Key remote reprogramming under warranty?