996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Group Buy - Aluminum Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Reborn996
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Okay Dutchie, I have not seen a reply to my e-mail I sent you... so how do I go about ordering a set? David
Old 06-12-2007, 03:59 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by nick49
I'll bet the guys supplier in China could arrange to have all kinds of counterfeit stuff produced that we could buy at less than Genuine Porsche prices. This could benefit the Chinese workers, the Importer probably the most and us as well. Just think, stuff that looks like the real thing and even has the Porsche name for a lot less money.
Yup. And I think it's really important to encourage copyright infringement wherever we can. That way, nobody will have any incentive to design stuff and, eventually, manufacturers won't have to be accountable for their products. Make the world a better place for sure.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reborn996
Okay Dutchie, I have not seen a reply to my e-mail I sent you... so how do I go about ordering a set? David
I probably have you on my list already, but it's rather hard to keep usernames, real names, and email addresses all linked. what's your email address (or if you don't want to post, just post a piece of it) so I can check with my list
Old 06-12-2007, 04:48 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceP
Yup. And I think it's really important to encourage copyright infringement wherever we can. That way, nobody will have any incentive to design stuff and, eventually, manufacturers won't have to be accountable for their products. Make the world a better place for sure.
Bit defensive, there, Hoss. That is the kind of unproductive, lame-***, playground-level, anti-intellectual arguing that I just love wasting my time on.

What you've just done is prove that it's you who knows nothing about how the world really works. I'm sorry you so quickly sunk the conversation to this level. Must be quite embarrassing for you.

BTW, if this forum exists for people who "care about spending less", then I'll cancel my membership.
Hey there, "HOSS", looks like a lot of people are on this forum and participating in this group-buy. Why? To save money!! Question is, when you cancel'n that membership???
Old 06-12-2007, 05:01 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Hey there, "HOSS", looks like a lot of people are on this forum and participating in this group-buy. Why? To save money!! Question is, when you cancel'n that membership???
If you're that hard up for cash, maybe you should be driving something else.

Meanwhile, I would love to see someone defend buying counterfeit merchandise on any sort of moral or ethical grounds whatsoever (never mind legal ones). It's no different than pirated music or films or fake Louis Vuitton bags. By definition, it's something posers do, and it's wrong.

Let's remember, there, cupcake: The best way of all to save money is to steal.

Oh, and I'll cancel my membership as soon as I'm convinced most folks on this board are like you. There's no value in paying for ****ty information when there's so much free out there. Gotta save money, you know.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:15 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Oh, and I'll cancel my membership as soon as I'm convinced most folks on this board are like you.
Most people are probably like me, in that they want to find the best deal that they can, but still get great quality. That's what group-buys are for. That's all I ever claimed I was trying to do...and if that's so wrong, than Brucie, I don't wanna be right!!!

On the last contentious thread re: the aluminum gauge rings, you made it into some Chinese labor issue. You turned aluminum rings into some big political thing, claiming it was the reason for our demise and how all of our money is in China, BLAH BLAH BLAH. You attaching some sort of morality to it is ridiculous. I found that hilarious, and still do.

You're blowing this thing WAY out of proportion. I think maybe you need to lighten up, just a little.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM
BruceP
Drifting

I think your point is completely fair and right, as long as the pedals don't have someone else's logo on them.

Even if "most people" are like you, I kind of hope that there are a few people like me, too, who think that you have to do what's right even if it's inconvenient sometimes. And who care about more than how they look.

Anyhow, I didn't blow anything anywhere. Made one comment. Unfortunately, that flushed you out and the snide shots followed predictably thereafter.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

Does anyone have a D.I.Y. on the install?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:46 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

I think your point is completely fair and right, as long as the pedals don't have someone else's logo on them.

Even if "most people" are like you, I kind of hope that there are a few people like me, too, who think that you have to do what's right even if it's inconvenient sometimes. And who care about more than how they look.

Anyhow, I didn't blow anything anywhere. Made one comment. Unfortunately, that flushed you out and the snide shots followed predictably thereafter.
I agree with you. If Porsche does NOT make it, nor license it, yet it has their name on it, that is certainly immoral, if not illegal. I understand you making a comment against it, and I agree with you. However, I am not the Porsche police and I'm certainly not going to break my arm, trying to figure out if Porsche ok'd the manufacture/sales of said product. I do however commend your stand.

PS. Sorry if I was a little snide...
Old 06-12-2007, 05:50 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Originally Posted by arr0gant
I agree with you. If Porsche does NOT make it, nor license it, yet it has their name on it, that is certainly immoral, if not illegal. I understand you making a comment against it, and I agree with you. However, I am not the Porsche police and I'm certainly not going to break my arm, trying to figure out if Porsche ok'd the manufacture/sales of said product. I do however commend your stand.

PS. Sorry if I was a little snide...
Likewise. Peace.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Reborn996
Pro

Dutchie, it should be from my (dgraas) AMCC e-mail account. Just let me know how to place the order!

David

Last edited by Reborn996; 06-12-2007 at 06:52 PM. Reason: corrected e-mail address
Old 06-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Reborn996
Dutchie, it should be from my (dgraas) AMCC e-mail account. Just let me know how to place the order!

David
don't have your email address or if you need manual/tip... please send me details so I can add you to the list. will send you a pm as well.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Reborn996
Pro

Replied back! Thanks Dutchie!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

I have emailed and pm'ed the following users:

- 03Targa
- emty

I need to know if they need a set of manual or tip and I also need 'emty's' email address. Does anybody know these folks?

Man, this is like hurding cats... should be pretty simple... if only people would follow the simple instructions!

Happy to do it though
Old 06-12-2007, 08:27 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dutchie in NC
I have emailed and pm'ed the following users:

- 03Targa
- emty

I need to know if they need a set of manual or tip and I also need 'emty's' email address. Does anybody know these folks?

Man, this is like hurding cats... should be pretty simple... if only people would follow the simple instructions!

Happy to do it though
Dutchie, you're the man!!! Hey, how many guys we got, so far?

Quick Reply: Group Buy - Aluminum Pedals