Sponsored by:

Alignment-Extremely High Caster/ROW M030

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:15 AM
David Rotondo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment-Extremely High Caster/ROW M030

Just put some new pilot sports on my 02 Carrera Coupe. HAve ROW M030 suspension. The shop could only get the left front camber to (-0degr 05') and the right front camber to (-0degr 20'). I was trying to get - 1 degree negative.

However, the big issue is why my left front caster is -15 Degr 40' with the right front caster being within spec at 7 degr 55 '? Left front is way off and there is no adjustment. Car seems to be tracking well and does not pull. What could cause this, and what do I have to do to fix it.

Also, what is the going rate for force balancing and mounting four new tires. I think my mechanic robbed me ($285.00).

Thanks in Advance
Old 06-04-2007, 01:11 PM
UCrazyKid
Pro

The only thing that I can think of is that the orientation of your left front shock is wrong at the top. There are three mounting studs that come up into the engine compartment. On top of the shock spring 'hat' there are arrows that show the orientation of the hat to the car. I assume that the angle of the hat dictates the caster. make sure the arrows (there are two) are pointing to the front and back of the car. Sorry I don't have a picture.

With the x74 suspension and no camber plates I was only able to get about -0 deg 30' camber in the front.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Macho Belly
Instructor

I got an alignment last week and the indy I use was able to get dead-on to Porsche spec for RoW M030. The "before" settings were way off due to swap from stock to M030 but "after" settings were all good. I paid $285 for 4 wheel alignment, no tire work. Not sure what dealers charge but the shop I used does lots work for local PCA racers so I trust them more than the dealer.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:50 PM
evansaero
Pro

I paid $100 to have my 4 tires rebalance. I almost **** a brick
Old 06-04-2007, 06:13 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by evansaero
I paid $100 to have my 4 tires rebalance. I almost **** a brick
Aaron - That is one reason I get the tires for all of my cars at Discount Tire. Free balancing, Free rotation, Free tire repair, and Free bl@w j@bs... oh wait... I made that last part up!

But if you had gone to Discount Tire, you could have gotten your tires balanced for free, paid for a BJ, and still have $50 in your pocket.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:48 PM
evansaero
Pro

Originally Posted by gota911
Aaron - That is one reason I get the tires for all of my cars at Discount Tire. Free balancing, Free rotation, Free tire repair, and Free bl@w j@bs... oh wait... I made that last part up!

But if you had gone to Discount Tire, you could have gotten your tires balanced for free, paid for a BJ, and still have $50 in your pocket.

The least you could do is give me an phone number. Always looking for a good company that supplies free lube jobs

My wife is going to be so pissed when I tell her I have found someone cheaper and I will no longer pay a premium for this service.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:07 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by evansaero
The least you could do is give me an phone number. Always looking for a good company that supplies free lube jobs

My wife is going to be so pissed when I tell her I have found someone cheaper and I will no longer pay a premium for this service.
Hell, my wife looks at it from a totally different perspective. She thinks it is a WIN/WIN situation, 1) she no longer has to do that and 2) there is more money in the bank account so she can buy what SHE wants! :evligrin:

Quick Reply: Alignment-Extremely High Caster/ROW M030