Sponsored by:

Shifter Housing Cracked with B&M SSK

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 11:40 PM
STRASPEC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Shifter Housing Cracked with B&M SSK

I installed my B&M SSK earlier and was out driving it, it was working fine, then when I was putting all the interior pieces back onto the car, I noticed the top of the ssk where the bushings connects to the housing is cracked a bit. The ssk shifts fine, but the crack might worsen. How the hell did this crack occur? I am thinking it was too tight for the bushing on the housing and it cracked under pressure? I know the housing is a 300 dollar part, so not sure whether or not I should replace it, the crack isn't too bad. I will take pics in a few. Maybe I can sell this barely used for 50 miles ssk then get the porsche one that replaces the housing instead? Ideas? Suggestions?
Old 06-03-2007, 12:02 AM
blinkwatt
Pro

I'm **** about things like that so I would replace it,better to know it's working right then to think it's working right. I wouldn't bother buying a new one,not worth it,give DC Automotive a call in the morning;

http://www.dcauto.com/default.htm
Old 06-03-2007, 03:29 AM
STRASPEC
Instructor

Exclamation

thanks blinkwatt. Anyone have a diagram so I can see what part number it is. I believe its: 996.424.010.05 but I am not sure. Heres a picture:

Old 06-03-2007, 09:38 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I believe the part number you listed is the entire shifter assembly, including the OEM shift lever installed in the black "tower" or bracket (part #1 in the first diagram).

However, if you look at the decond attachment, it lists part numbers for #8 and #9 shown in the first attachment. I think (but am not completely certain) that these are just the black "tower" or bracket that you need. The "Remarks" column indicates the model year for the different part numbers.

You might want to call the parts department at a dealer to verify that these parts (#8 & #9) are only the black "tower" or bracket, and do not include the shift lever.

I hope this helps.
Attached Images   

Last edited by gota911; 06-03-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:47 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

Is it me or does it look like the bushings aren't lined up correctly?

Quick Reply: Shifter Housing Cracked with B&M SSK