Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

MAXFLOW Mufflers & Cold Air Kit - very impressed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:09 AM
auriga
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAXFLOW Mufflers & Cold Air Kit - very impressed!

Just installed fabspeeds MAXFLOW mufflers and a cold air kit on my 01 C4...Absolutely outstanding result - as promised on the website...very throaty with no resonance - not too loud but definitely a lot more aggressive than stock when your on it. Really enhances the driving experience and great value for the $$ spent - i would recommend it to anyone.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:05 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

should have gotten Tubi's and EVO Intake... come by the meets, ill make you hear it...

Last edited by Zookie; 05-21-2007 at 03:32 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:04 AM
R13
Advanced

Originally Posted by auriga
Just installed fabspeeds MAXFLOW mufflers and a cold air kit on my 01 C4...Absolutely outstanding result - as promised on the website...very throaty with no resonance - not too loud but definitely a lot more aggressive than stock when your on it. Really enhances the driving experience and great value for the $$ spent - i would recommend it to anyone.
Any issues with the cold air intake? Who installed it for you, and did they forewarn of any potential issues?

I have the Fabspeed mufflers with 100 cell racing cats, but am hesitant to install the CAI based on feedback from this board. Even my very trusted mechanic deems the CAI a waste of $.

Interested in hearing your experience thus far...
Old 05-23-2007, 11:45 PM
auriga
Advanced

I've had the mufflers and CAI on for less than one week...my primary objective to was to enhance the sound. The car feels slightly more responsive but it's hard to tell...

I ordered the parts directly from Fabspeed and Downtown Porsche did the install...they didn't mentioned any potential issues. According to the dealer and Pfaff Tuning...installing the CAI and muffler does not void factory warranty either...what issues have you read about?

I'd be very interested to hear 100 cell racing cats...do you ever go to the meets?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:45 AM
auriga
Advanced

I think you might be referring to a potential MAF issue...according to Fabspeed it may not be an problem.

996 Cold Air Kit

".42 seconds faster acceleration 3000-6000 RPM. 4 ply silicone tube - better flow from airbox to throttle body. No C.E.L. light as you retain the factory MAF plastic screen/grill to straighten out airflow. "
Old 05-24-2007, 11:15 AM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

I have the fabspeed cai, but I used a oem paper air filter to avoid MAF issues, the hp gain is probably 0% but the sound is well worth the $
Old 05-25-2007, 11:57 PM
R13
Advanced

Originally Posted by auriga
I've had the mufflers and CAI on for less than one week...my primary objective to was to enhance the sound. The car feels slightly more responsive but it's hard to tell...

I ordered the parts directly from Fabspeed and Downtown Porsche did the install...they didn't mentioned any potential issues. According to the dealer and Pfaff Tuning...installing the CAI and muffler does not void factory warranty either...what issues have you read about?

I'd be very interested to hear 100 cell racing cats...do you ever go to the meets?
The sound improvement from combining the Fabspeed 100 cell Cats and mufflers is impressive, not to say the weight loss...

I've just ordered the CAI and a Flash in hopes of squeezing out the last few drops of "cheap/easy" power and hopefully eliminating the CEL I get from the high flow Cats in the process.

All that will be left is an RSS Plenum and I should be done my intake/exhaust mods...I hope!

I don't attend "Meets", but i do have my work done at EUAUTOWERKS in Woodbridge. If you wish, I can let you know when I'll be up there to do the next Flash/CAI mod.

Quick Reply: MAXFLOW Mufflers & Cold Air Kit - very impressed!