Sponsored by:

USED EVO CAI....$150

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Default USED EVO CAI....$150

Hi Guys, I have a used first generation EVO cold air induction system for sale. I bought it used off e-bay about three years ago for my 1999 non e-gas 996. I experienced intermittent problems with my car (surging at constant freeway speed, occasional stalling and check engine light). I loved the sound of this intake and my car passed California smog with it installed.

I thought the problems that I was having were due to a bad mass airflow meter. I replaced it and the problem continued. A fellow Rennlist member (Arizona Scott) told me that there were problems reported with the first generation EVO CAI. I installed the stock air box and the problems disappeared.

I couldn't stand driving my 996 without the sound of the EVO CAI. I found a used second generation EVO CAI being sold by a another Rennlist member for $350...I bought it immediately and I couldn't be happier.

The hose connecting the CAI to the throttle body is not original. The filter element is slightly bent where it presses against the hood strut. I believe it will work on all 996 and 997 models. I do not know if it will cause problems with other 996 or 997 models. The problem might have been caused by the filter being dirty or by the non-original hose.

The sale price of $150 (plus shipping) is about half of what I payed for it. It attaches to the stock air box bottom. The hardware is included. If you are interested, I would recommend contacting EVO and inquiring about the potential problems.
Attached Images   
Old 05-22-2007, 03:03 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Ok, so maybe honesty isn't always the best policy.

How about this....I have a rare, vintage, first generation, EVO cold air induction system for sale. It will make your 996 sound like a GT-3 Cup Car. I'm only selling it because it made my car so fast that it scared me. Yours, today only, for the greatly reduced price of $149.99.

Just kidding. Does anybody need a nice paperweight?

Quick Reply: USED EVO CAI....$150