996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

FS: 996/986 SY painted sport seats w/ stitching & crest

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 01:46 PM
newport996
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL...yes....my rims actually sat in my office for a week...lol...
Old 08-06-2007, 01:55 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
speed demon get these!

painted sport seats are a MUST period
Ben, yep I looked at these and I know the seller too.

I do like them a lot but after this past weekend's outing to Thunderhill Raceway and going around the track at speed in a GT3, I think I need more lateral support than what these seats offer, although these would provide more support than my current seats.

racingfan, what do you think about the lateral support of these seats you are selling and utilizing them on the track?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:52 PM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do it Demon, Do it, Imagine rolling down the road in your speed yellow carrera, with speed yellow backed gt3 seats. What a bad influence I am....
Old 08-06-2007, 03:09 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by michael.s.under
Do it Demon, Do it, Imagine rolling down the road in your speed yellow carrera, with speed yellow backed gt3 seats. What a bad influence I am....
You are very bad

My wife is already up in arms with me for buying the new wheels, tyres and suspension, so trying to go with another upgrade is going to be tough.

But the honest truth here about these seats and 'my' car, you will not see them 90+% of the time. The only time is when I open the door or have someone look in it when it is parked. You will not see them from the outside because my windows are tinted. I also will then be inclined to paint the center console etc. the same colour so that it brings everything together. I didn't buy this car to be a 'show car' so having painted this and painted that on the inside is not important to me. At this moment I am considering adding a rollbar, harness etc. as I want to track it, so my money is going to go into those areas (safety first).

Again these are nice seats and if I was going a different direction with my car then maybe.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:17 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Somebody buck up and buy these bad boys. Remember the GOLDEN RULE of marriage - it is always easier to ask forgivness than permission. Now somebody act like you got two beans in your bad and buy these seats! heheheheeh.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
You are very bad

My wife is already up in arms with me for buying the new wheels, tyres and suspension, so trying to go with another upgrade is going to be tough.

But the honest truth here about these seats and 'my' car, you will not see them 90+% of the time. The only time is when I open the door or have someone look in it when it is parked. You will not see them from the outside because my windows are tinted. I also will then be inclined to paint the center console etc. the same colour so that it brings everything together. I didn't buy this car to be a 'show car' so having painted this and painted that on the inside is not important to me. At this moment I am considering adding a rollbar, harness etc. as I want to track it, so my money is going to go into those areas (safety first).

Again these are nice seats and if I was going a different direction with my car then maybe.
because you have speed yellow it's going to pop when u open that door and look in much more so than my conservative arctic silver. you already have a pretty boy 911 with them siq bling OZ 3 wheels... now you're telling me you need more lateral support for your track ventures? the stock 911 seats are lame, imo. they're literally flat and very dated looking. and you could always untint your ride.

it'll be much cheaper to have your car be more of a street pimpin car than a track ***** anyways.

bro, u know i wouldn't do you wrong, but i may be doing your wife wrong by trying to convince u to get these.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:28 PM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

I didnt get all of that ^^ but +1.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:12 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

What I really like about these seats is the matching yellow stiching as well. Will look awesome in Speed's car. Forget about the tints and the roll bar and go for the seats. Not every day you are going to see these up for sale and at the same time matches the car perfectly.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:27 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

You guys are killing me

OK so I PM'd the seller, again I know him and so I asked him a lot about them and what I plan on doing with my car. I will let you all know what I decide, OK
Old 08-06-2007, 07:02 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

You guys are killing me

OK so I PM'd the seller, again I know him and so I asked him a lot about them and what I plan on doing with my car. I will let you all know what I decide, OK
speed... get the gt3 seats, they are practically the same price, you can also paint the back as well. The gt3 seats are very comfortable and is my favorite performance mod... it is night and day on the street and track... my .02 cents.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:07 PM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Go Speed, you can do it!!!!! Ha ha! Thats why these cars are so expensive, its not the base price, its the price of peer pressure after the fact......
Old 08-06-2007, 07:07 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by redridge
speed... get the gt3 seats, they are practically the same price, you can also paint the back as well. The gt3 seats are very comfortable and is my favorite performance mod... it is night and day on the street and track... my .02 cents.

Hey thanks for the feedback, so they give enough lateral support and will accomodate a 5/6-point harness? Or is the harness over-kill in your eyes?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

if i wanted them i'd have them so don't get me confused, but those "hammock" seats look weird in the 911. plus for a street car i already have trouble getting into the sport seats... and being comfortable. can't imagine with those. i'm sure they work pretty good, but if you're going for race, there's gotta be better (e.g. recaro aftermarket).
Old 08-06-2007, 07:19 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Hey thanks for the feedback, so they give enough lateral support and will accomodate a 5/6-point harness? Or is the harness over-kill in your eyes?
If your gonna track 2-3/year, harness will help you get attached to the seats... plus they are alot safer the the 3 point stockers... theyre removable anyway. I would go with the 6 point harness... not overkill... safety is never over-kill in my eyes.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:29 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by redridge
If your gonna track 2-3/year, harness will help you get attached to the seats... plus they are alot safer the the 3 point stockers... theyre removable anyway. I would go with the 6 point harness... not overkill... safety is never over-kill in my eyes.
Yep if I do track it will be 2/3 times a year. I love a harness and roll-bar/cage (as my Mustang has it and I do like to be safe) and I am not too worried about not getting into the back of the car and that.

So I really need to make sure that if I get these seats that I can use a 6 point harness with them. I would really prefer to use a harness and not the 3 point factory seatbelt, I do not feel that safe with them if I am to track the car even if it is now and then.

In my Mustang I have Sparco Pro 2000's which have the high side lips and lateral supports, but it is really a pain in the **** to get in and out of so I have to really think hard if I want to go that far with this car.

So I guess these seats are in the middle of street and track, is that how you see it?

Quick Reply: FS: 996/986 SY painted sport seats w/ stitching & crest