Sponsored by:

Can you believe this eBay seller?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007 | 06:17 PM
springgeyser
Racer

Originally Posted by Ray S
Fair????

Look at it another way, suppose someone list an item and he doesn't get as much as the item is really worth. Is that fair? What if a seller underestimated shipping cost to your location and it was going to cost twice as much as he listed. He contacts you and demands you pay the extra shipping charges. Is it fair for him to demand a higher rate than what he listed.

I guess I just don't see it your way. It is a voluntary purchase. If you feel it is "unfair" walk away
+1

I lost out on shipping tires from Ca to NY. I just told the buyer I'll absorb the $30 difference since it is not his fault. Ebay does not account for oversized products plus I am a Ebay noob.

I have asked nicely if shipping charge can be reduced if it 'looked' unreasonable and in most cases a fair compromise was reach before I placed an bid.
Old 05-18-2007 | 06:19 PM
Fro
Instructor

The guy is a total a-hole.
I got a similar reponse from him about a year ago.
Cannot believe he is still in business.
Old 05-18-2007 | 07:03 PM
John D.
Banned

First of all - I'm going to vent for a minute. Then I'm going to close this thread...

Vent... I happen to know who this seller is. He speak GERMAN and uses a translation engine to TRY to understand what you are saying. He also uses a translation engine to try to reply correctly. Now - if you, Fro and other like you want to try to write/type questions in GERMAN WITHOUT a translation page - go ahead and do it, but - if you are calling him an "a-hole" because you don't and he didn't, well - then who is "stupid"?

Rennlist is an International community. That means "INTERNATIONAL". That means if you go to other areas of the world - well, guess what - not everyone speaks ENGLISH. Now - does that make all the rest of the world who don't speak English "stupid"? I doubt it.

This thread is closed for obvious reasons.

And by the way - two observations....

I'm guessing this seller has a positive feedback of 99.8% for a reason....

Second - if you really want to try to understand what a hindrance language can be - travel to Haiti. Unless you speak Haitian Creole - you will feel "stupid".

Thread closed.

John D.

Quick Reply: Can you believe this eBay seller?