Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Key storage - Key "holder" for desktop etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 04:54 AM
BuddyK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key storage - Key "holder" for desktop etc.

I once saw some carbon fiber cone shaped paperweight type thing that you could insert your ignition key into. This object sits on your desk and you put your key into it.

The 996 Key that I have is fairly chunky and I haven't found a keychain that I really like. (although I was tempted by the sterling silver 911 toy keychain) I don't like stuff rattling around, and once needed an ignition switch replacement on a Volvo because of a heavy keychain putting physical strain on the ignition.

So I have my key and I need a place to stick it - at home and at work. The theory is that if it has a cool place to go, it won't be misplaced.

I can't find this carbon fiber cone paperweight thing. So maybe someone has one and can tell me what it is called?

Also - I thought about fabricating something like this for fun. Has anyone else done that?

1. Does anyone know what the name of this accessory item is and where I can buy one?

2. Does anyone have suggestions for "key storage" at home or at the office?

3. Does anyone have any cool ideas for hidden or "secure" key storage at home (break-in joyrider prevention).

What do you do with your keys at work and home?
Old 05-17-2007, 06:30 AM
Seeeu911
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 16 Posts

Product Code : WAP 050 132 14
Product Name : CarboTech key holder
Price : 147.70
Description :
# Carbon key holder, genuine Carrera GT lock barrel for storage of Carrera GT key, also fits other vehicle keys of the Porsche 911 and Boxster, limited edition of 1,500
# Material : Aluminum with carbon coating
# Colour/surface : black/gray/matt aluminum color, high-gloss polished lock barrel
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2007, 08:42 AM
ReidN
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use a key jail a wooden cabinet with metal bars that i picked up in India. Works great and holds 86 sets...
Old 05-17-2007, 11:54 AM
BuddyK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's it! Thanks!

Carbotech Key Holder.

I'm trying to find one in stock somewhere to buy now - It seems to be tough to find online.

If I can't buy one, I think I'll make something like this turned on a wood lathe. I don't really need it to be made of carbon fiber, just a place to put my key every day so I am not chasing around trying to find my key all the time.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:32 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use:

Product Code : WAP 000 000 501

Available from a good (jeans) dealership
Old 05-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Seeeu911
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 16 Posts

yea.. jeans are nice.. did you know that the key fob still works after you accidentally leave in your jeans pocket and then run it through the washing machine ! letting it dry out afterrwards of course... Don't ask how I know this...

Quick Reply: Key storage - Key "holder" for desktop etc.