Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

WHAT TYPE OF WAX FOR BLACK PAINT

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007 | 12:11 AM
mj1pate
Three Wheelin'

Which Zaino should we choose for original paint? There is Zaino for Clear Coat, Zaino for non-CC. There is Zaino AIO. Mine is a white 86.5.

Thanks

Mike Pate
Old 06-06-2007 | 03:13 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

As long as your paint is close to flawless, go with Mequiars Mirror Glaze No. 7 Show Car Glaze. This is part of Meguiars Professional Series of products, so you may have to look around to find it. I learned about it from car show winners and it does work. I am 3 for 4 on trophies with Mirror Glaze with nothing to show for Zaino.

Make sure your car is washed clean before and you may want to strip the existing wax off the surface with a product like clay magic. I do need to warn you, the shine form this wax is so intense that it will make any imperfections in the paint extremely noticeable. I would not advice using this wax if you have a lot of paint chips that you covered up with touch up paint or if you have any minor dents. Door dings become easily noticeable after using this wax. If you have a ess perfect surface, you are better off with more common waxes like Mequiars Cleaner-Wax or Zaino.
Old 06-06-2007 | 08:32 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Originally Posted by 02 Carrera
If you have a ess perfect surface, you are better off with more common waxes like Mequiars Cleaner-Wax or Zaino.
Zaino is not wax, but a polymer sealant.

Which Zaino should we choose for original paint? There is Zaino for Clear Coat, Zaino for non-CC. There is Zaino AIO.
You have several options depending on the time you want to spend. Prep is very important.
Wash, clay bar, wash, Z-6, Z-5pro (or Z-2pro) with ZFX, Z-6 (or 8)...repeat up to 3 times. OR
Wash, clay bar, wash, ZAIO, Z-8 or ZCS, Or of course there are others sequences. I just tried ZAIO and was happy, but I already have a nice Z-5/Z-2 base. Check out the Zaino store or autopia.org for other options.
Old 06-06-2007 | 09:13 AM
wdonovan
Instructor

Zaino
Old 06-06-2007 | 09:46 AM
smankow
Pro

I've been using Mother's products for years and have been extremely happy with the results. For waxes, I'll either use a liquid or hard wax, depending on time constraints. I apply all of the products by hand and remove with a PC orbital buffer.

Quick Reply: WHAT TYPE OF WAX FOR BLACK PAINT