Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Any familiar with NXCESS motors in Houston? Where can I get a good PPI in Houston?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 09:21 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Rcronin,

Geez.....I can't thank you enough. You have gone above and beyond the call of duty....and with that...I will pass on the car. While I would like to get a great deal, I am very particular. I expect a small scratch here or there...and stone chips are normal. Sounds like a repaint....which is fine with me too....but if they are hiding a small fact, they can hide other stuff too.

I hope some newbies that are reading this forum learn from this thread. I called them back around an hour ago....and spoke with "Danny" again. He apologized for not calling me back, and said that he asked his manager about the hood. His response was that the car has zero damage....but that the hood was removed "for some reason".....what the hell is that? I asked if he thought that was strange.....no answer.

Also, he also said someone came in this morning with a deposit, but "he heard them talking in the back and there might be a credit issue with the buyer and I'll let you know in the morning". Unreal. What price did they have it for in the showroom? Online...it's at $38,850 I think....and they would reduce possibly by $500 more. Not a bad price if it's clean. But it the rear is not popping easily...and the hood is mis-aligned (perhaps during shipping according to them as well).....I'm totally walking. Sounds like a trauma to the car at some point.....

Again...THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I'll let you know if I find anything again in the area. I wish Victory carried more later model cars....I hear a lot of good stuff about them.

Off to my Florida fave then. Geez....this is a pain....but this board makes things much more fun, interesting, and provides a great piece of mind. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I'll check your lead as well.

Best,
Jon
Old 05-15-2007, 09:39 PM
rcronin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Victory?!!
When I met Robert Neil of Victory after I had already bought my car, he told me that all I needed to do was to tell him what I wanted and where I wanted the price to be and he could have found it.
I met him when there was a club meeting at his place.
Pick up the phone and talk to Robert Neil in person and see what he can do for you.
Robert has done right to me and connected me to the locals in town that are porsche people in some way. Because of him I now know where to take my car for the chips, wheel rash fixing, and alignments.
I can't speak on his prices but if you and he had enough time to BS about these cars then he would be the one to talk to. Seriously he is way deep into these cars. He even taught me more about my own toy and again, I didn't even buy anything from him.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:05 AM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought my 996 there nearly 4 years ago. My sales person was very professional, delivered the car to an Indy for a PPI, had the car detailed to the max, all paper work ready when I arrived. Showed me everything about the car, manuals, tools, etc. He insisted that I take all the time needed to do a careful inspection and take it for a drive before signing anything. I did just that. Paperwork was completed in 5 minutes, salesman introduced me to the Dealership owner who was also very pleasent and seemed sincere. This was absolutely the most pleasent buying experience I'd had to date and I've bought dozens of cars. From what I'm reading here, it sounds like a totally different store.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:04 AM
M3killa
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was shopping for a white aero, found one there, started to deal, working numbers, verifying no paintwork with several questions, later to find out car was originally black. This was not stated anywhere and even avoided on paintwork questions.

Other than that, I think they are perfect match for ebay.

Quick Reply: Any familiar with NXCESS motors in Houston? Where can I get a good PPI in Houston?