Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Brand New Poineer Nav installed: PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 09:18 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dresler
Its cool.

Did you have a factory nav Gant?
No, it came with a CDR-220 tape-player.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:25 PM
bonkur
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My C4's at Audio Innovations right now, getting the D3 system installed. Man was that car butchered by previous installer(s?). They cut holes in the firewall without sealing them, replaced wire with larger gage, NON-twisted type when the stock 16-gage twisted is good for virtually any application. There were NO front speakers. Apparently the car had a full Alpine system that was hacked out by someone and replaced with a Clarion head unit only. Oh yeah, they f**ked up some of the wiring in the doors, not to mention the connectors... My $2K install just went to $3k, but luckily Rod at Audio Innovations is intimately familiar with Porsches and is putting everything back to stock or better in the wiring and door department. I'll end up with new speakers in the front, new Focal 13KS subs in the door (probably the only 5" sub out there), and factory speakers in the rear that I will probably swap out very soon. The door subs will be powered by a small (100W/channel) amp, that will fit in the original Porsche amp location. Can't wait to pick the car up tonight!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:02 AM
VK
3rd Gear

Bonkur,

How did your install turn out? Any words of wisdom fro those of us considering this?
Old 08-17-2007, 08:16 PM
iman11348
Advanced

After seeing how good these look, I am now considering it for my 05 TT-S with Bose and nav. Can you just change the head unit and keep rest of Bose system and what about other computer functions displayed on the screen? Are they still able to be displayed on new screen?
Old 08-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

I've been I balling this unit now and the only drawback for me is that it is not HD radio ready. The salsman says that it will be coming and will be backward compatable which not sure if I buy that one. Fit and finish look great thought. ArroGant I would have been alittle upset to be charged for installing the nav pick up I would have thought that woud have been part of the install of the HD itself. Enjoy the tunes
Old 08-18-2007, 03:56 PM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Which camera did you install??? I have the same unit in my Expedition and the rear camera crapped out. I'm going to install a replacement camera and I'm wondering if there's a performance difference between brands and models.

Quick Reply: Brand New Poineer Nav installed: PICS!!!