Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever purchase a car from Prestige Motor Club in Long Island City? PPI help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007 | 01:22 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Default Anyone ever purchase a car from Prestige Motor Club in Long Island City? PPI help!

Hello all,

I'm looking at some 996's in the LI City area...there are a load of dealerships there....and it seems the prices are a bit lower there. While I am hesitant on getting a car that has endured the wonderful city streets, I know they grab cars from all areas.

Anyhow, has anyone ever done business with Prestige Motor Club? Also, any suggestions from you Metro guys on where to get the best PPI in that area? Thanks so much.

Best,
Jon
Old 05-10-2007 | 06:00 PM
jeff_c
Instructor

Good luck getting through to them or getting a response. I tried and tried to contact them when I saw a 996 they had advertised but to no avail.

(gee and I was jus thinking that I never ever having anything to say on this forum)

hth

Jeff
Old 05-11-2007 | 12:45 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

They seem to have been around awhile.

I've been to their showroom a couple of times but have never purchased anything from them. Most of their cars appear to come from the Manheim auction, not just NYC cars.

I wouldn't consider them a high-end used car dealer. Just a used car dealer selling a lot of high-end cars. Not sure if that makes any sense to you.

As with any used car, ask a lot of questions and do your own homework. Don't always believe what they say just to get you to buy.
Old 05-11-2007 | 02:21 PM
rmillnj
Racer

I bought a Boxster from them 3 years ago. The car had been bought from auction. They told me what they knew of the history of the car, which I subsequently checked out and found to be true. Since the car still had one year on the new car warranty and a clean car fax, I did not bother with a PPI. The price they gave me was really, really good. Dealing with them was absolutely no problem other than the hassle of getting to them from New Jersey.

We drove that Boxster for one year, put 20,000 miles on it without ever having to do any maintenance other than the normal schedule. I traded it on my current 911 for $500 less than I paid.

They told me they buy most of their cars at auction and look to turn them fast. They ship a lot of the cars out of the country. I would have no qualms about going to them again. Of course buying a car that still is on the new car warranty takes a lot of the risk out of the equation.
Old 05-12-2007 | 12:59 AM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

rmillnj,

Thanks so much for the input and feedback. Gives me a sense of security. Their prices really do seem fantastic compared to many other dealers as well as private sales. They have been fairly receptive to my recuests...(my "cue" button is broken).

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION AS TO WHERE I CAN GET A GREAT PPI IN THE LONG ISLAND CITY AREA????

Best,
Jon
Old 05-12-2007 | 08:57 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JBRipps
DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION AS TO WHERE I CAN GET A GREAT PPI IN THE LONG ISLAND CITY AREA????
http://www.formulamotorsports.com/index2.php

Quick Reply: Anyone ever purchase a car from Prestige Motor Club in Long Island City? PPI help!