The Mod Bug - in pictures......

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Piccia
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Mod Bug - in pictures......

Here are some pics of my latest 'improvements':

Wet Okole Neoprene Seat Covers http://www.wetokole.com. Black with Charcoal piping ($239+ shipping). Well made, cutouts for seat levers and power controls, under-seat clips to prevent the bottom from fore/aft or lateral slippage. May not be to everyone's taste, but this is my daily driver and I play soccer 2 days a week, so they're practical and I like them. Nice and grippy for spirited driving, cool in summer too.

Alum Gauge Rings and Dash Trim from Bumperplugs.com. Helps liven up the black interior. Rings are simple to install. Dash trim is a bitch!

Also just decided it's time for the ashtray delete, and....I'm looking for a set of 18" 8x10 Sport Classic II wheels. PM me if you have some

Happy motoring!
Attached Images     
Old 05-06-2007, 07:13 PM
evansaero
Pro

Hey,

Looks great from the pics

Is the fit and finish of the seat covers as good as it looks in the pics? I'm looking for something to fresh'n up the interior, but don't want to spend $2000 on new seats

Also how did you do the dash trim? Replacement or paint
Old 05-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Piccia
Instructor

The seat covers look, feel and fit like they'd be much more than $239. I had a set in my '95 968 from 1997-2001 and and they looked new when I sold it and that car spent half those years parked without a garage. The paint suffered more than the seat covers! The piping is stiched very nice and uniform, the seat bottom clip straps are double anchored on the inside of the seat cover. On their site there's a link named "the difference" that explains how they make them. The key statement is: "Our boxing neoprene is laminated with nylon on both sides, making it twice as strong. No rubber touches your seat material which is especially important with leather or vinyl seats."

The dash trim was the factory replacement pieces Eric at Bumperplugs sells. I worked too quickly removing the old black plastic trim and damaged my dash ever slightly in a couple of places. If you do it, take your time. There's a couple of threads here and on RennTech about how to do the replacement.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:41 PM
evansaero
Pro

Thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 08:09 PM
BoulderNick
Three Wheelin'

Location: Boulder, CO : 12 Square miles surrounded by reality.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two more thumbs up for Wet Okole seat covers.. don't have 'em on my 996 (haven't decided yet whether I'll do make that investment), but have had them on my 2000 Tacoma since it was brand new.

Wet Okole's were originally made for surfers and are made of the same neoprene material as wet suits and the like, in order to stand up to the salt water and sand of surfers getting back in their vehicles wet. They're custom fit for each model and make of vehicle they support, so they fit like a glove, and really don't look like seat covers on. In fact, they're a bit of a pain to get on and off because it's rather like putting a large prophylactic onto your seats

I'm a mountain biker in the summer, so tend to get in my vehicle wet and muddy. 7 years of doing so in my truck, and the seats look as good as ever under the covers. The covers themselves are bit dingy, but I'm sure if I got the energy to take 'em of an toss 'em in the washer they'd freshen up a bit.

The only downside for me is the neoprene tends to be a bit hot in the summer.

- Nick
Old 05-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

those seat covers look comfy.....
Old 05-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

some more mods - carbon fiber ignition and hazard from Eric.

looks really good. If the new seats meet the test of practical, then clearly they have the essence of "German".

Quick Reply: The Mod Bug - in pictures......