Sponsored by:

new purchase, ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 06:36 AM
bcr4d
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new purchase, ?'s

I just purchased a 2000 C 4 cab. 58K, Xenon's, full leather, subtle leather seats, 18" wheels, and parking sensors. My questions are concerning maintenance with a extended warranty. Company insists that maintenance, includidng oil changes, be done by dealer or independent. I have a opportunity to purchase a warranty that covers everything, including the radio. $2850, 4yr, 60K. They don't require inspection, but they require $500 up front, and must drive the car 1K miles within a month to rule out any pre-existing problems. Does this sound legit. I tried to post pics but file is too large. Is there anyway to fit the pics?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:21 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

bcr4d

Congrats and Welcome to Rennlist. I can't help you with the warranty questions but I can help with the pic posting question.

Here are my "can't miss" instructions for posting a pic. These instructions have NEVER failed to help someone post pics, so the pressure is on YOU to keep my string alive!

All words shown in BOLD indicate buttons. If you are just doing a "Quick Reply" you will have to click on Go Advanced button. Then follow the steps below:

Down below the part of the screen where you type the text and below the Submit Reply the Preview Post and Spell Check buttons, there is a Miscellaneous Options section followed by an Attach Files section.

In the Attach Files section, click on the Manage Attachments button.

You will now get a pop-up window. There are 3 buttons Browse, Upload, and Close this Window.

Click on the Browse button and now (in a new pop-up window) you can search on your PC to locate the pic you want to attach. Click on the name of the file you want and then click the Open button. Now click on the Upload button. After the file has been uploaded, you can click on Browse button and repeat the process to upload another pic or click on the Close this Window button.

After you click on the Close this Window, you will be back to the original "message" screen. Your pic file should be listed just above the Manage Attachments button.

If you are finished typing the text, you can click on the Submit Reply button and everyone will be able to see your great looking P-car!

If your pics are too large, you can resize them with MS Paint, or PhotoShop software, or you can do it online at this web site. http://www.resize2mail.com/
Old 04-25-2007, 09:26 AM
rcronin
Advanced

Warranty thing seems normal for a company that wants to do some CYA.
See other board for reply to your post.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

bcr4d - two points:

(1) Join Rennlist
(2) Post pics!!!

Sounds like a great car - enjoy it!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:08 AM
dave1200
Pro

theres another thread here in the last day abouit warranty's so maybe check that out.

Congrats on the car. Pics! pics!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:58 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:39 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by cdodkin