Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Went for a drive last night-car tramlines a lot - normal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 06:41 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fw2001c4
sorry to hear about all that youre going through... just a word of caution. deductibles typically are for per occurence. so the three things you mentioned would be three occurences or 200x3. doesnt matter that you take it in at the same time. i know this was the case with my bmw cpo and geico mechanical breakdown coverage. might wanna check that so you arent unpleasantly surprised later.
Good point, but I checked my contract - $200 per VISIT!!

Last edited by AndyK; 04-23-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:03 AM
WFO
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, My experience with worn inside fronts....is too much negative camber. What this looks like, and you can actually look at the front tires and see this, is the bottom part of the wheel/tire is angled out in relation to the top part of the wheel/tire. Looks like this / This is how you would set a car up for the track, as it makes the car handle (turn in) really well.....but, you pay the price of very premature tire wear (inside fronts bald) A lot of higher performance cars are setup mildly from the factory like this.....as it's a cheap way to make the consumer think the car handles great. but, it doesn't sound like your car handled very well at all.....so I'm not sure why I'm bothering to write this.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:07 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I put the new Bridgestone RE050a PP's on the car, and drove it on the highway for the first time tonight. Night and day people! The car practically drives itself - no jitters, no tramlining, no more vibration at 70! Cured! Now I can drive the car fast without worrying. The worn out front tires were causing the whole problem. And when the Bridgestones wear in, they will be even better. I'm psyched my car isn't at fault!
Old 05-05-2007, 01:18 AM
evansaero
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to here the car's running good
Old 05-05-2007, 04:02 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running Pilot Sport II, and after about 10K on them, I've noticed they're just starting to tramline. This discussion thread brought it to my attention. I do know that I recently upped the air pressure in the tires to 34 front and 42 rear, and it seems that right after the increase in air pressure, I started noticing the tramling. Does air pressure contribute to tramlining? How about as the tires wear?

Quick Reply: Went for a drive last night-car tramlines a lot - normal?