Aftermarket radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Dominick
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket radio

Hello All

I currently have the OEM radio in my 2001 C4. I also have the CDC and dynamic EQ beneath the radio. My question, Can anyother recommend an aftermarket radio with a multi indash CD player & Bluetooth phone reception. Also - what do I do with my Porsche EQ - will that work with a new radio or does it need to go??

Thanks in advance
Old 06-14-2011, 10:38 AM
rpolin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you end up doing here? I have an '02 c4 cab that i am considering changing to an aftermarket radio so i can get blue tooth for the phone and ipod integration.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 900 Posts

I put a Kenwood DNX-6960 in my 2002 C4S and I love it. It has an iPod connection, Sirius/XM, bluetooth, Garmin GPS, etc. It only has a single CD slot in the dash, but with the iPod, I don't really use CDs anyway. Perhaps the OP has purchased an iPod since 2007.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:07 AM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rpolin
What did you end up doing here? I have an '02 c4 cab that i am considering changing to an aftermarket radio so i can get blue tooth for the phone and ipod integration.
I just installed a JVC KW-AVX840 using a kit from Euro Motorspeed, which sells on ebay plus gives telephone support. Look at http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...naire__st__260 for information. Lots of confusing stuff there and elsewhere.

My JVC does bluetooth phone and ipod. I switched microphones to a noise cancelling one. I am easily understood, but it does not sound all that great. The phone book transfer is a joke because there is no way to seach my many listings. There are only 6 phone favorites you can put into the system. Otherwise the unit is pretty nice. Installation was frustrating, but okay.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:23 PM
california donna
Track Day

And thank you AZ968GPW -- yes, I think this is going to be the answer for me too. I want to make sure I can still use my mirror on my visor (I assume most of them you can't) -- not to look at myself while I am driving, but to check how windblown I am when I stop!! And with my hearing and my sister's hearing getting worse, I want to make sure this speaker and mic are strong (maybe at least 3 watts?). So I have lots of options here. A new tactic to research. In case you couldn't guess, I am a Virgo and our motto is "I plan therefore I am." My son groaned at this as he is a philosopher.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket radio