FOR SALE/TRADE For Stuff: 18" 9ff Rims with Tires fits 996 C2, C4, GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOR SALE/TRADE For Stuff: 18" 9ff Rims with Tires fits 996 C2, C4, GT3

Last shot at selling these before I just sell them with the car/drive with them this season, migt have better luck posting here since non-members can view as well.

Will sell for cash, trade for other rims of equal value or OEM rims plus cash, or just general merchandise i might need/like (more on this in another paragraph).

RIM and TIRE Info
Rims for sale are the famous 9ff 1-piece rims. These will fit the 1999-2005 996 Carrera, Carrera 4, Targa and GT3.

18"x9" ET 35 Front 20lbs
18"x11" ET 55 Rear 21lbs

Rims are in mint shape and havn't been curbed. Local buyers welcome to come take a look at them to see for themselves.

For those of you that saw my previous post, I was under the impression that the tires were flat spotted..but I put about 200 kms on them this weekend and they seem pretty good (my alignment on the other hand is a different story )

Price and Sale Options

These are very expensive rims new (over 5000$US) and i'm asking 2700$US + shipping. I think this is a reasonable offer, if you have a counter offer that is reasonable I will take it. I am selling my car and upgrading to a Turbo so i won't have any need for these beauties anymore.

Payment Options
1) Money
2) Rims of Equal Value...would prefer OEM wheels + cash.
3) merchandise of equal value or lesser stuff + cash.

Stuff I'm Interested In

Including but not limited to:
1) iMac computer/Macpro
2) Digital SLR camera
3) Home theater equipment (reciever type stuff)
4) Watches/Jewlery
5) AR-15 Rifle (legal to own/import in canada, check your local laws before contacting me if it has to be exported from the US).
6) Playstation 3
7) Anything else awsome/creative that might be interesting....think outside the box....no BCE or nortel stock though please.

NOTE: Car Will Be At PCA UCR Spring Into Gear Event For Viewing.

Pictures are here:

Old 04-01-2007, 11:23 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey, Omar,

Couple of questions about these rims:

Will they accept a normal center cap, or is that clippy thingy the only way they roll?

And, I had understood that the later C2s were different somehow than the early ones in terms of rim width or offset or some such. Mine is an '00. Would these just bolt on, or would I have to futz around with spacers and so forth?

Thanks!

Bruce.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

hi bruce...they're true center lock rims (so no center caps) and come with the setup for all 4 corners to run these rims. they will fit your 2000. the setup is completly bolton and can be undone without anything more than torque wrenches.

no need to futz around with spacers as they're staggered and setup perfectly (as you can see from the photos).

come take a look in person, they give the car a really awsome maximum standoff look in real life.

btw..if you're interested in selling the disco, let me know as i have a friend whose lookign for a use higher end SUV as such.

cheers
Old 04-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

ill take your front bumper in trade for mine and some cash.........
Old 04-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

sorry....i have a stock front bumper already..just looking to get rid of the GT2 one.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

bummer.... thanks though...
Old 04-02-2007, 10:59 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply, Omar. I think I'll pass. I was kind of warming to them, but the centerlock thing is too 'competition' for my car, which is a pretty plain jane gentleman's sportscar. I had been poking around for some Carrera Classics, just to give you an idea of how low key I am...

If I sold the Disco, my wife would probably kill me. It will make a great truck for someone someday, though. It's been well used, but it's been mechanically maintained to perfection. Love a Land Rover, and it will love you back.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
Last shot at selling these before I just sell them with the car/drive with them this season, migt have better luck posting here since non-members can view as well.
Am I the only one that thinks it's odd that non-members can't view the for sale section? Obviously you want members to have benefits, but I would think that it would benefit a member to be able to list things in the for sale section and get as wide a distribution as possible. Perhaps only members should be able to post in the for sale section, but all registered users could view the for sale section? Just a suggestion....

-Shawn
Old 04-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

noted.

also the rims are sold, pending completion of the sale. If it doesn't go thru i'll repost to this thread.

thanks to all who inquired.

Quick Reply: FOR SALE/TRADE For Stuff: 18" 9ff Rims with Tires fits 996 C2, C4, GT3