Sponsored by:

rejex prep?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:20 PM
potxoli
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default rejex prep?

So, I'm thinking of getting in on the rejex bandwagon for the first time with the 996. I'm curious, other than a wash, do I need to do anything like use a paint clay or something the first time I put it on? I'm afraid I might do more harm than good with a clay. The paint of my car is in good condition, I do have a few light swirl marks.

thanks
Old 03-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest cleaning the paint with a clay bar and then polish of some sort before using RejeX.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:39 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I washed with Dawn to remove all traces of old wax
Clayed using Griot's Speed Shine
Then polished with Imperial Hand Glaze by 3M

Then, I put on the Rejex.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:44 PM
charlesml3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wax will not hide paint problems. If you have swirl marks, waxing over them will only get you waxed swirl marks. A good finish is about the surface prep, not the brand of wax you use.

Getting the surface to where it needs to be may involve a wax strip with Dawn, clay, polishing with a rotary and or Dual Action buffer, several different pads and polishes, a final glaze, etc. It all depends on the condition of the paintwork.

-Charles
Old 03-30-2007, 04:30 PM
smackboy1
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

What I want to know is what you do AFTER you put on the Rejex. What are you supposed to do to maintain the Rejex protection while cleaning the car? I got a bottle and Rejexed my car. Recently I was trying out the Mr. Clean AutoDry, did I just wash all the Rejex off my car?
Old 03-31-2007, 10:15 AM
potxoli
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks for the tips everyone. I will clay and polish before I apply. Also didn't know about the dawn trick. As far as maintaining rejex, I read that you can keep applying it and it builds on itself. The griot's catalog has a sealant that sounds very similar to the rejex and it says it lasts up to 1 year and can go through car washes. I figure if you use it quaterly you should be ok.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Whatever you do using the Rejex, do NOT use wax products PRIOR to applying Rejex. Just get the paint into perfect shape, use Dawn to wash off all the wax, and go with Rejex. It's not hard, it's very forgiving, and you can apply every week if you desire.

And yes, it builds on itself. Give it the 12 hours of darkness for curing each time.

I do the Porsche every few months, and it still looks wet every day.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 03-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
Whatever you do using the Rejex, do NOT use wax products PRIOR to applying Rejex. Just get the paint into perfect shape, use Dawn to wash off all the wax, and go with Rejex. It's not hard, it's very forgiving, and you can apply every week if you desire.

And yes, it builds on itself. Give it the 12 hours of darkness for curing each time.

I do the Porsche every few months, and it still looks wet every day.
Sounds like Zaino Z5-Pro to me (except for the curing time). I'm happy with using their products, which produce a great finish - and they're very easy to use. I can do my car in 45 mins.

Quick Reply: rejex prep?