996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

first porsche

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:49 PM
lanny
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome and nice car- you already can see that you cant spend too much time in a car that you love!
Old 03-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

congrats and welcome...... thanks for posting a pic..... you definetely know the newbie laws....... NOW get cracking on the MODS...........
Old 03-30-2007, 06:50 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Very sharp car! Congrats and good luck, and welcome.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:51 PM
speedread
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silverstutt
beautiful car... be safe.
I second this. Join your local Porsche Club. Go to the National site http://www.pca.org/ , and then your local branch. Mine has over 500 members and there's a lot of fun activities. One is learning to drive safely at speed. You do this at the track with strict safety rules and an instructor riding with you. FUN!! Or at an autocross where you go to a local LARGE parking lot where orange traffic cones are set up to drive around, slowly at first, then as fast as you can. Again FUN!! And you'll learn a lot, and be a lot safer on the street. Enjoy your new car!
Old 03-31-2007, 07:36 AM
GNR996
Race Car

Originally Posted by PJunkie
Thanks for all the warm welcomes and lots of sound advice. I am so stoked to be driving this vehicle! Today on the way to work I got stopped by a cop going in the opposite direction coming around a twist. I had my radar detector on and nothing buzzed. He said he stopped me because, "You just looked like you were going fast" Hmmm......"looked like"? Not this time, sir.

Unfortunately for me as an ex ski racer, i love to go fast. Especially in the curves. And as I am finding out this is the machine to curve in.

In reply to some of the comments and questions:

I found the site through a google search.
The holes in the front bumber will unfortunately be where the license plate goes when it arrives.
swede matt- I hear you. all the same.

I have checked out the photos of all of your cars and am so pleased to be amongst this group. What gorgeous vehicles!
Sweet ride, like a couple of young fellows said, I was close by "look at that sick Porsche man"

To bad about the front plate, require one up here too sucks but we all have 'em....

Safe driving
Old 03-31-2007, 08:44 AM
Ramp
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

PJunkie - I'm NY down on LI and have gone without the front plate since last August -when I bought the car. Been pulled over three times for it - still no ticket - I keep the plate on the passenger side and when pulled over I explain that the bracket broke and I had to order a new one from the delaer - but here's the plate.

Only problem is that one officer in the local precinct - the first to stop me - recently spotted me in a parking lot and mentioned out his window that he "noticed that my front plate wasn't on yet -didn't you tell me you were putting it on about 6 months ago " !!

My days are probably numbered but I just can't bring myself to put it on !

In no way do I endorse or suggest anything to anyone - just a off the cuff comment or 2.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:40 AM
rleeq
Racer

Congrats! Time to start the mods, there’s no use trying to resist, you are under P car control. Enjoy and drive careful.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Swede_Matt
Instructor

I'm probably going to jinx myself for posting this but since I'm a brave man I'll do it anyway....

I've never had a front plate on my Z3...and I've had it as a daily driver for many years. I've never even gotten stoped for it. Got pulled over for other stuff twice but the cops didn't even mention the missing front plate. Maybe California is more lenient with enforcing front plate laws?

Quick Reply: first porsche