996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

DME Programming ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007 | 07:08 PM
GULF V1
Advanced

Default DME Programming ?

Can a Boxster DME be reprogrammed for a 996 if the are the same PN#'s if so, who would you suggest EVO maybe someone in the Phoenix area would be nice?

Last edited by GULF V1; 03-15-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-15-2007 | 09:13 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

yes
evo is always good to deal with
Old 03-15-2007 | 10:58 PM
GULF V1
Advanced

Ordered my parts "Porsche wiil recode the DME" just need to give the the donor VIV# but after talking with EVO they where just "TERRIBLE" to talk with and just seemed to be concerned about selling there product which I did purchased some Fabs from some time ago. I am running my own custom SC setup and am in need of a tuner "That Likes to TUNE" they simply said that they can not do it unless I talked with GIAC and got an OK for them to tune . They said they were backed up for a month and said that I wanted them to drop everything else just to mess with a Custom SC install "That was just Rude". Funny thing I am not in a rush and told them that. After the conversation I just felt humiliated that I had called at all I do not know if I will ever use them at this point. Sorry for being so long winded I just had to get that Off my chest.
Old 03-15-2007 | 11:17 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

GIAC dealers do not have the software and hardware that is required to tune/live-remap a Bosch Motronic ECU. In North America the only places I'm aware of with the capability are kevin @ UMW and Protomotive.
Old 03-16-2007 | 12:11 AM
GULF V1
Advanced

Thanks, I can give promotive a try but I would have to have my car transported, maybe I can purchase a map and tweak with my laptop on someone's dyno I'm sure there setup is very close as mine injector sizes/air volume etc. . Also is there an ulturnative to tuning like piggyback tunable chip I could try VividRacing located here.
Old 03-16-2007 | 11:47 AM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Hey, Gulf... this is the unfortunate challenge you will face with building your own SC setup. I checked out your page a while back looking at your setup for ideas as I considered it too. Looked at feasability of vortech vs the convention used on our cars (eaton M90). I really like the compactness of the vortech style that you used. Would love to hear how you make out regarding ecu tuning.

Couldn't you just in theory buy their chip that they use for their SC? Are you running moderate boost in the 6lb range like them?
Old 03-16-2007 | 12:29 PM
GULF V1
Advanced

Yes, I am pushing about the same parameters as both the vortec and the eaton which so there mapping should be relativly the same "trying not to be to arrogant here", however I did not purchase the SC from them and "ther goes the problem". I was quoted 40 hrs dyno time at around 4-5 grand but this was without seeing or even dynoing the car to see what it would need it just seems they are putting the "cart before the horse". These are just my observations so far but I do like a challenge and have some feelers out. I am not sure as you are about the chip I do not know how it is done is it just a chip and map or just a reprogarmmed ECU anyway I have more homework to do. I think if you come up with something post it or PM me so we can share it would go along way for individuals tuning there cars with different types of SC installs.
Old 03-16-2007 | 12:39 PM
GULF V1
Advanced

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
GIAC dealers do not have the software and hardware that is required to tune/live-remap a Bosch Motronic ECU. In North America the only places I'm aware of with the capability are kevin @ UMW and Protomotive.
I think this about all they do or am I missing something.

http://www.giacusa.com/
Old 03-16-2007 | 02:36 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GULF V1
I think this about all they do or am I missing something.
GIAC has the capability but their dealers don't.

Quick Reply: DME Programming ?