Sponsored by:

Jealous people... Gr.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:55 AM
AmirShaikh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ElTorrente
I've taken the position with my car that I won't pretend it's "special" in parking lots and such. I don't park it all by itself way away from other cars, like you see some people do with their "special" cars. I park right between and next to other cars and just act like it's like everyone else - red porsche or not - it's my daily driver just like most other people's cars in the parking lot. I don't know if this in any way helps, but maybe someone won't target my car because they can see I'm not trying to look for special attention or anything.

I've been lucky so far- except someone let the air out of my right front once.
Yup...I'm totally like you. My theory is that, if I have to live scared, I'd just rather not own it.

thanks,
Amir
Old 03-14-2007, 11:20 AM
lude
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharptt
That would make it even more likely that someone is targeting you (via your car). Any scorned women come to mind?
LOL plenty, but none with this capacity..

On a somewhat related note, can anyone recommend a good car cover?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
'ringmeister
Advanced

Originally Posted by lude
For the 2nd time in a month some @#$@ has done something inappropriate to my car.

I parked it behind my office on a Sunday while I was getting some work done, and someone throw a piece of cardboard soaked in what I can only assume to be soda or fruit juice.

Two weeks later, Some moron let ALL the air of my back left tire.

Do you guys find people doing this to your cars as well?
I live in hoboken...i would guess it's the nature of the town. as i'm sure your well aware you have a mixed population of affluent residents and lower income locals...may i ask where you were parked? street and cross street?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:38 PM
lude
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 'ringmeister
I live in hoboken...i would guess it's the nature of the town. as i'm sure your well aware you have a mixed population of affluent residents and lower income locals...may i ask where you were parked? street and cross street?
In the garage under Archstone.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:47 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 Except, I do park on the end of the row but not way out or I make sure I park next to 4 door cars only. I've always done this with all my cars, I just don't like dings.

Originally Posted by AmirShaikh
Yup...I'm totally like you. My theory is that, if I have to live scared, I'd just rather not own it.

thanks,
Amir
Old 03-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Consider yourself lucky. I've been reading of our UK brothers with their terrible problems with their Porsches being trashed over there. Serious envy problem there.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Consider yourself lucky. I've been reading of our UK brothers with their terrible problems with their Porsches being trashed over there. Serious envy problem there.
europeans are far more suspicous of wealth and class than us yanks. British mag Car had an article couple years back where they were driving a bright-red enzo in nyc. the writer perceptively observed that americans were so much more cheerful and chatty with him in the car and didn't seem as envious and mistrustful as brits-- reflecting a deep cultual difference that americans genuinely believe that, the very next day, he or she could be driving that enzo. whereas in england, where class is so much more structured, people feel a bit more static, and therefore suspicious. i thought it was a pretty cool article for a car mag.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Advanced

Sure you're not sleeping with someone's girlfriend/wife? lol
Old 03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Jayv911
Track Day

'ringmeister and Lude - that makes three of us in the 'boken with p-cars!

I wouldn't dream of leaving my car out on the street - the number of wing broke mirrors / scratches / dents etc in our little town is crazy - no one respects anybody elses property, let alone your pride and joy car.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:15 PM
lude
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jayv911
'ringmeister and Lude - that makes three of us in the 'boken with p-cars!

I wouldn't dream of leaving my car out on the street - the number of wing broke mirrors / scratches / dents etc in our little town is crazy - no one respects anybody elses property, let alone your pride and joy car.
Oh absolutely not. I have a parking permit, but that's "just in case".

We should all meet up when it gets warmer!
Old 03-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Jayv911
Track Day

Originally Posted by lude
We should all meet up when it gets warmer!
I'd be up for that - it would be great to get a few P-cars together in this neck of the woods (or maybe we can just join the pimped out Camrys and loud as sh't motor bikes on Washington Street in the summer!).

The P-Car was going to get a drive this weekend - but with this weather I think I'm sticking to the jeep!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:35 PM
lude
Intermediate

hahah yeah definitely, I could barely cross the street on foot last night.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:49 AM
SR71BLACKBIRD
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Its too bad the Porsche marque creates these emotions in people.

Today I drove my Daughter and her friend back to her parents house after their play session and its a nice neighborhood - upper middle class and parked the 911 in front of their house and the first thing the girl's mother says is " we're going to make all the neighbors jealous with Porsche sitting in front of the our house and thats when I thought about this thread.

911s really bring all sorts of emotions from the general population and unfortunately some are bad
Old 03-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

sorry to hear about it... put it where ther's a secxurity camara

Quick Reply: Jealous people... Gr.