Old 03-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Nice REJEX story....

Another story on Rejex:

One of my guys in the office is a firefighter, and they burned a house down one weekend for training. A white honda was nearby and got covered in soot when the wind shifted.

After the training exercise, my guy (young guy, just getting into the car stuff) was talking with his chief about the car being covered. The owner was quite upset, and the crew decided to take the car to a detail shop to get it cleaned.

NOTHING would get the soot off. They washed, they used polish, cleaner, everything they had. The entire fire station was working on it.

My guy ran into his truck and grabbed the bottle of Rejex I gave him a few months back for his own vehicle. They started in on the soot covered white Honda, and IT CAME RIGHT BACK TO ORIGINAL.

The chief was overwhelmed, thinking they'd have to spend a few grand to repaint the car!

Amazing stuff. Yeah, it really works. Just did the Porsche again today. Amazing, easy on, easy off, no biggie.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 03-11-2007, 05:14 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting...Rejex as a cleaner. I found Rejex to be the easiest wax/coating to put on and take off. Lasts a long time too!

I recently bought Optimum Poly seal...that is supposed to be easy, and a good swirl remover AND protective coating all in one. Stay tuned.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:51 PM
M Fig
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess you sold me...I just placed an order. I washed my car for the first time of the season. I was just thinking "man I need to wax this thing". I hope its all its cracked up to be.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:52 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
Another story on Rejex:

One of my guys in the office is a firefighter, and they burned a house down one weekend for training. A white honda was nearby and got covered in soot when the wind shifted.

After the training exercise, my guy (young guy, just getting into the car stuff) was talking with his chief about the car being covered. The owner was quite upset, and the crew decided to take the car to a detail shop to get it cleaned.

NOTHING would get the soot off. They washed, they used polish, cleaner, everything they had. The entire fire station was working on it.

My guy ran into his truck and grabbed the bottle of Rejex I gave him a few months back for his own vehicle. They started in on the soot covered white Honda, and IT CAME RIGHT BACK TO ORIGINAL.

The chief was overwhelmed, thinking they'd have to spend a few grand to repaint the car!

Amazing stuff. Yeah, it really works. Just did the Porsche again today. Amazing, easy on, easy off, no biggie.
Nice story, Eric. However, I do have one question.... does it repel "dealer dents"?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:24 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Nice story, Eric. However, I do have one question.... does it repel "dealer dents"?
Yeah, that really sucks Tim! Hope they fix it nicely without having to paint! That dealer should throw in some new fresh floor mats or something!
Old 03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Eric,

Thought Rejex was excellent paint protectant, but not a cleaner... or is it both?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:46 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice! I think I'll put another layer on tonight (on my car, that is)
Old 03-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

I don't think even the Rejex folks consider the story application to the product in any way, but it DID just that....so I would not recommend it, and it was a last resort, but it did the trick in this case.

Might have just been the right combination of chemicals at the right time....
Old 03-11-2007, 10:08 PM
potxoli
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

does rejex have a shelf life? I have a 3/4 full bottle I haven't used in 2 years since I started taking the care to a detail place, but I'm not happy with the results and think I'll do it myself again...
Old 03-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Dave Howerdel
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by potxoli
does rejex have a shelf life? I have a 3/4 full bottle I haven't used in 2 years since I started taking the care to a detail place, but I'm not happy with the results and think I'll do it myself again...
I was told that the shelf life was somewhere between 8mo to 1yr, but I bought a case about a year ago and the few remaining bottles seem fine. I use the stuff on everything from the cars to glass table tops to granite counter tops and even porcelain in the bathrooms.

Btw, don't use it on the tub
Old 03-12-2007, 12:05 PM
potxoli
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

guess I'll have to order another bottle just to be safe

Quick Reply: Nice REJEX story....