Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

How to remove option sticker without messing it up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 02:27 AM
signal
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove option sticker without messing it up?

My trunk lid was recently damaged in an accident and will need to be replaced. Naturally I don't want to loose my option sticker. I am looking for a way to safely remove it, without messing it up and then transfer it to the new trunk lid. I was thinking perhaps there is a way to use a heat gun or something like that and then just spray some 3m adhesive on it once removed..........does anyone have any ideas on how this could be done?

Brian
Old 03-10-2007, 04:07 AM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When my trunk lid was replaced I asked the body shop to save my option sticker. They did and it was put on the new lid. I think they used heat.

I also had them replace the other stickers. On my 1997 Box that was the a/c sticker and tire pressure. These stickers can be ordered new from Porsche. If you look at your stickers they have part numbers on them.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, part numbers?
Future restorations made easy?
Old 03-10-2007, 05:02 AM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, don't tell anyone but I would lose points with a judge that knew his stuff.

I have a 1997 Boxster, the first year. Only wheels that year were 16" and 17". My original tire sticker only showed 16" and 17" wheels. In 1998 18" wheels became an option and the tire sticker showed all 3. The color of the sticker also changed from silver to black.

When I picked up the car from the body shop I spotted that the "wrong" wheel sticker had been put on. So I looked up the part number and the sticker used only for 1997 had been discontinued.

That wheel sticker is now on the gas flap for you newer owners. On the early cars it was to the right of the option sticker.

But I was happy they were able to peel off the paper option sticker in one piece and put it on the new lid.

Quick Reply: How to remove option sticker without messing it up?