Sponsored by:

Problem revving engine above 4500 RPM

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 08:49 AM
MikePl
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem revving engine above 4500 RPM

Few month ago I decided get some more power for my European version of Porsche 996 tiptronic 1998 model. I have ordered the tuning in USA from company GIAC. Unfortunately after installing both computers (tiptronic and ECU were tuned) the car is was not running correctly.

My symptoms were: the car have problem acceleration over 4000 RPM, 1st gear auto gear change 5900 RPM, it is not possible to rev the car past 5900 RPM, full throttle acceleration is not linear, under 4000 RPM normal manners.

I decided immediately to switch back to my original engine ECU hoping that this might me only software related problem. After installing my original computer (still the tiptronic computer is modified) the problem did not disappear! I decided to go to visit Porsche dealer in Poland to test both computers for any errors. Result are: Tipronic ecu – no codes, Engine ECU – lambda sonda error (bank 1-3, 4-6), Engine ECU – airbag, Engine ECU – aircondining.

After erasing the sonda lambda codes there is no change in driving. Do you have any idea what to look for? Maybe this is MAF problem, sonda lamba?

If you have any idea I would appreciate any help.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

maybe the altered tiptronic module is interfering with the factory ECU?

Quick Reply: Problem revving engine above 4500 RPM