996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Thumbs Up to Fabspeed Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think Fabspped PR needs to chime in.... every hour, their reputation is dropping..... Rennlist IS a very Viable and popular site for Porsche owners........ DO THE RIGHT THING FABSPEED..........
Old 02-22-2007, 07:28 PM
newport996
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He is stating that there was nothing wrong with the exhaust and its characteristics are subjective so they are charging a restocking fee because to them resonance is subjective.....Even though their literature states there is NO resonance.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:55 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Lightbulb

Hello Everyone - Good News !!! After reading the first couple of responses to my post, I decided to contact FS motorsports first thing this morning. I spoke with Jay Rothfeld, VP for FS. After relating all the issues to Jay, he immediately agreed and provided a 100% refund and faxed me confirmation of the same.

Guys all my dealings with FS have been very friendly and professional. At the same time that I purchased the mufflers, I also purchased a set of headers and let me tell you that I have seen headers from B&B and Schnell and their quality does not compare to that of FS. One of the reasons for me going to FS in the first place was the recommendations of some of my friends and information posted on the net. As a matter of fact the dealership that installed the mufflers also sells FS products and before my case had no negative feedback from
other customers. In my case their mufflers did not work as advertised and I belief that FS has done good for me. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Thanks all for your feedback. It really helped!!!

Manny
Old 02-22-2007, 10:10 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Very welcome Manny! That help is one of the biggest reasons so many ofus have joined this site. The measly $18 to contribute to keep the site going has more than come back to me in all the money this board has saved me.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:50 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Dell you are absolutely right. I just became a member. This is a great place to get information and help from a lot of people.

Thanks to all!!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:02 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome aboard Manny! You will find many people on this board are very helpful and EVERYBODY watches out for eachother....well almost everybody
Old 02-23-2007, 01:18 AM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LVDell
Welcome aboard Manny! You will find many people on this board are very helpful and EVERYBODY watches out for eachother....well almost everybody

Yeah these intarweb people are actually helpful.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:12 AM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

well then.... i guess all the bitching was worth something....... happy it worked out for you....... although i can't help but pat myself in the back....
Old 02-23-2007, 09:29 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven C.
First I think Joe is the head guy and Oh boy....talk about self indulgent listing OK Tim, we know you are keeeeping a list. The question is which list am I on
Steven - as you have probably guessed I am keeping multiple lists (aren't databases a hoot?) and NOT just of the Newbies.

You, my friend, are on a couple of the lists. All of the lists that you are on would be defined as the POSITIVE lists.

Rest assured that you are NOT on the TROLL, BLOWHARD, or A$$-HOLE lists... well at least MOST of the time.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:55 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by manny_g
Hello Everyone - Good News !!! After reading the first couple of responses to my post, I decided to contact FS motorsports first thing this morning. I spoke with Jay Rothfeld, VP for FS. After relating all the issues to Jay, he immediately agreed and provided a 100% refund and faxed me confirmation of the same.

Guys all my dealings with FS have been very friendly and professional.....

Thanks all for your feedback. It really helped!!!

Manny
Manny - I'm glad this worked out for you. I am pleased that we helped persuade you to contact FS again.

I think understanding which party has more to lose is an often overlooked aspect of "negotiating." Clearly, FS stood to lose much more than the restocking fee they charged you, and the fact that they are a Rennlist Sponsor, the "power of the people" (other posters comments) probably helped them make the RIGHT decision in this instance.

Congrats on becoming a Member of Rennlist! Now let’s talk about posting a few “New Member” Pics! Just kidding! There is no such “requirement," but…. that does give me some new ideas!

Sorry, sometimes I have difficulty posting an “entirely serious” comment.

Quick Reply: Thumbs Up to Fabspeed Motorsports