Sponsored by:

CEL Code help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 07:09 PM
eiky09
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL Code help

Buying an 01 C4. Car has 115K miles! Great example of these engines through the test of time. Not a single RMS issue nothing major throughout life of car. Did have one issue though. CEL light is on. Ran OBD tool on it and this is what i got:

P1126- Oxygen Sensor Low Adaptation, Lower load range, Bank 1
P1128- Oxygen sensing adaptation, Idle range bank 1
P1130- Oxygen sensing adaptation, idle range, bank 2
P1133 Oxygen sensing adaptation, Lower range bank 2
P0300- Misfire detection
P0303- Misfire cylinder 3

Is the deal off? Would it be correct to assume it probably needs a new round of O2 sensors? Any thoughts on the Misfire and should I be worried? The car drives fine never any CEL flashing.
Attached Images   
Old 02-19-2007, 07:33 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

no you do not need o2 sensors, anyone that tells you that you do doesnt know anything about these cars.

you have p codes can i assume you have acces to a pst2 or piwis........if so i need the fr and tr adapation numbers. or the fuel trim if you have generic obd 2

those faults indicate that the engine magement software is at its maximmine adjustment to correct for a problem. you have reached your lean or rich threshold. if its rich its most likley the maf sensor
if its lean its a vacum leak, many times on older cars i have fixed vaum leaks only to have them go way rich afterwards and then need a new maf snesor.

get some fuel trim or adaptaion numbers and let me know what they are
Old 02-19-2007, 08:27 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Most probably need to clean or replace MAF. Misfires and fuel adaptations are partially controlled based on engine load input, and this is classic indications that the MAF is causing the problem. This assumes that your plugs and coils are good, and intake is tight.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:52 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
Most probably need to clean or replace MAF. Misfires and fuel adaptations are partially controlled based on engine load input, and this is classic indications that the MAF is causing the problem. This assumes that your plugs and coils are good, and intake is tight.
and that the vacum canister isnt cracked, the oil cap is on , the oil fill tube isnt leaking, vavumlines arent bropken,the oil sperator isnt failing, the oilseprator bellows hasnt torn. and i have even seen it from internal falulre getting stuck in the timing chain and punching a hole in the valve cover and once a car with a broken intermediate shaft car ran fine just had a bad vacum leak from the missing bolt. Check the fuel trim values and let me know what you got
Old 02-20-2007, 01:17 AM
eiky09
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all, you have been a great help. Ill check the fuel trim valves and get back to you. Gave me peace of mind knowing what it "could" be.

Quick Reply: CEL Code help