Sponsored by:

PA/NJ Spring Fling?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:15 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Wayne - yeah, I got my Pic Fix for today anyway. Bery nice pics. Looks and sounds like it was a lot of fun.e
Old 04-15-2007, 12:15 AM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some upcoming events that may or may not influence the selection of a date of our next event:

May 27 - Hemmings' Sports/Exotic Car Show - Lime Rock, Conn.
June 2/3 - Greenwich Concours
June 9 - Schattenbaum Region PCA Lobster Run to Cape May, NJ
June 17 - Connecticut Valley Region PCA Concours - Litchfield, Connecticut
June 23/24 - Le Belle Macchine d'Italia Concours and Track Day (see Italiancarsatpocono.com)

Last edited by VGM911; 04-15-2007 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 136 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Wayne - yeah, I got my Pic Fix for today anyway. Bery nice pics. Looks and sounds like it was a lot of fun.e

Good. I was thinking of you as I was putting together the web page with all the pics. I figured you'd get a kick out of it.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:47 AM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring Fling Vid

As promised here is a quick video of today's jaunt.

You tube loses some of the quality but it gives you a flavor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFmx-5DsOKA

Cheers

Phil

'95 993 Coupe
(Stock)
Old 04-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Ramp
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, I was planning on posting last night but crashed - drove a total of 320 miles in 24 hours - not a lot on a straight run but tiring enough.

We had a great time - route, cars and drivers were all terrific. Looking forward to another as soon as possible !

Wellardmac - once again, great meeting you (and all others), great work and thanks for all the effort. I'm also amazed at how fast you can post pics and video. I need to resize all mine - here's a few - will do so soon - any quick tricks ?

(Tony) On a side note, I can confirm my soon to be 3 year old son is a natural auto enthusiast. I was reviewing the pics last night with him sitting on my lap - When the following pic came up, I asked him - Which one do you want ? After a real look at the screen and a curious look on his face - he pointed and said this one daddy, I like this one - pointing to the '61 Roadster. In my view, that's the first and correct answer for a true enthusiast - my wife who was watching said "Oh my g-d" your creating a monster !!"

Anyway - if these don't come out I'll repost later.

Last edited by Ramp; 11-04-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Nice stuff! Love the video!
Old 04-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks again to eveyone.

Ramp - your son is on the right path!. It is sometimes more fun to drive a slow car fast then a fast car slow.

VGM - Thanks! When you are driving a 90hp car with all you guys and the speeds that we were going, it's all about momentum, NOT over braking & using as much of road (safely) as you can.

Looks like we picked the right day yesterday, eh?
Old 04-15-2007, 01:08 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Okay, after consultation with The Boss, how does late July sound for another run?

That would give us a few months to invent another route and space things out nicely before another run in November for the end of the year.

Thoughts?

+1 on the late July run or sooner if possible. Wellardmac let me know what I can do to help.

BTW, nice pics everyone.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
+1 on the late July run or sooner if possible. Wellardmac let me know what I can do to help.

BTW, nice pics everyone.

Excellent! Well, I'm thinking of one of two possibilities for the next run... a covered bridge tour... try to do as many of the 12 as possible, or a coal country drive --- nice hill climbs, more curvy roads and straights where we can have fun. Instead of bringing people down here again we would meet somewhere off of I-80.

As I said, this would mean making up a route from scratch, but it's doable. Any help that I can get would be gratefully received.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:03 PM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

I would be very much up for a covered bridge tour.

I also think the early start is essential. I had to be up at 5am to get there for yesterday's start, but its clearly a good idea to get open, clear roads.

If we can drive similar back country roads for a covered bridges tour, that would be awesome.

Cheers

Phil

'95 993 Coupe
(Stock)
Old 04-15-2007, 03:11 PM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ppashley
I would be very much up for a covered bridge tour.

I also think the early start is essential. I had to be up at 5am to get there for yesterday's start, but its clearly a good idea to get open, clear roads.

If we can drive similar back country roads for a covered bridges tour, that would be awesome.

Cheers

Phil

'95 993 Coupe
(Stock)
I agree whole heartedly with Phil. The early start made for a tour with very light traffic!
Old 04-15-2007, 03:15 PM
s14roller
Racer

The run looked like it was awesome! It would have been great meeting some of you guys but had things to take care of in NY...
Old 04-15-2007, 03:15 PM
grant911
Pro

I'm very much in support of a Covered Bridges tour as well. Any kind of tour will do. I didn't get many good shots, but I put a few up on my webshots. I'm going to attempt a pic here, and if it doesn't work, I'll just put a link to my webshots so you can enjoy even more Porsche pix.

For even more pix:
http://community.webshots.com/user/grant911
Old 04-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Nice pics! I particularly like the one of the back end of Chris' GT3 when we were parked waiting for the trailer to get out of the way.

I've Jerry - I emailed Jay to ask him for a copy of his covered bridge tour - if I can get that I can use it as a basis for a modified tour for us.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Midnight Blue
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wayne - HUGE thanks to you and the team who organized this drive. I had an absolutely incredible time. Being my first drive of this nature, and my first real outing in my Cayman, I don't think I could have asked for anything more. I'm still feeling thrill even now. The route was sensational and really gave me a feel for what my Cayman S can do. I learned that the car makes me a much better driver than I probably am and that it can do so much more than I allowed. Being able to follow a group of veteran drivers encouraged me to push myself moreso than if I were driving the route alone. Now that I've had a taste, I want more. Paint chips be damned, it's about the drive not the gloss!

What a great group of people and what a beautiful collection of Porsches! Like others, I was amazed at what that gorgeous 356 cab was able to do. What a car and clearly a skilled driver.

Next time, I hope to convince my wife to come as a navigator. The GPS helps see upcoming street names but trying to grip the turn sheet, remember which line you're on, and reading it while driving at pace can be a little unnerving. I also need to invest in a better digital camera. Some of the shots folks have posted using a long lens are terrific.

Again, thanks for welcoming me and my Cayman. Looking forward to the next drive!

EDIT: Need to make sure I'm past the 2000 mile mark next time so I can actually rev the Croc past 4200rpm. Can't wait to experience the howl at 6500rpm.

Quick Reply: PA/NJ Spring Fling?