996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

California Speeding Ticket Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007 | 09:41 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by waldrondigital

Regarding online traffic school: You can bang a test out in less than 30 minutes. Learn to
1) Open multiple tabs/windows. One with the study chapters and one with the test.
2) Love your CTRL-F key. Use your browser's page search function to search study chapters for answers while you complete the test in the other window. All the questions usually have the same verbiage as the chapters.

Good luck.
Some of the online TS sites are now too sophisticated to allow you to do this.

They force you to progress sequentially through the reading material
They have a timer running that prevents you from moving to the next section early
They ask you a randomly timed personal question at some point in each section to make sure it's you
They set you a question for each section that has to be answered within a pre-set time limit

They have got wise to the suggested ploys above, and want to be sure they 'educate' for the fully alloted time.

In addition, some courts will still require you to test in front of an approved witness for that final test.

If you can find a website that gets you around these restrictions, and is accepted by your court, then use it - but don't get your hopes up that online TS is only going to take you 30 mins of your life.

There is no 'one size fits all' when it comes to online TS.
Old 01-31-2007 | 10:33 PM
MagnusB
Pro

The cop does not get overtime if you use a written declaration ...
There is no need to show up in court.
Old 02-01-2007 | 01:32 PM
slaaw
Rennlist Member

For the cop to make a case of speeding on surface streets (non-fwy) in CA, there must be a traffic survey done within 5 years of the segment of road in question, and the posted speed limit must be set at the speed which 85% of the vehicles are traveling. During a trial, if the cop does not ask for the survey to be put into evidence, or if the survey justifies a higher speed, the case must be dismissed. I suggest you go to the court where your case is assigned and ask the bailiff to see the survey, which they keep in the courtroom. If the 85% percentile speed is above your ticketed speed, you have solid grounds to beat the rap.
Old 02-01-2007 | 02:59 PM
newport996
Burning Brakes

Check which court it is an see if online TS is even in option...in Orange County it IS NOT.....I just did traffic school and it was simple....actually quite interesting and educational in how to AVAOID other tickets....It was taught by a retired police officer so he told us some good info on how to beat a ticket before you goty pulled over and after you got pulled over. So its not a complete waste of your time....
Old 02-01-2007 | 03:10 PM
discoganya
Banned

Originally Posted by Dr_KarlB
sunnyvale...
just off central expressway and commercial
on the way to the gym at applied materials
Most likely a cop trying to finish his monthly quota of tickets. (Happened at the end of the month right?). Sunnyvale & Milpitas are notorious for giving out tons of tickets at the end of the month.

Anyway, I'd fight it. There are so many tickets given around that time that the cop might not show up.
Old 02-01-2007 | 03:48 PM
Ballistic-Chapman
Burning Brakes

Ticketsassassins.com. Just do a trail by written declaration. You can also pospone the ticket by 4-5 months.
I have won:
61mph in a 45 zone ($191.00 refund)
66mph in a 45 zone (~250.00 refund)

Lost:
76mph in a 60 mph ($300.00)
Old 02-01-2007 | 05:41 PM
larry996
Rennlist Member

I got a speeding ticket back in July (57mph in 40mph zone on Central expressway and San Tomas) and I just paid it and took the online traffic school. It is so easy, so flexiable, and painless. I did about 2 hours each night for 3 nights and you have to take a quick 10 minutes in person test at the local FedEx Kinko stores.
Old 02-01-2007 | 07:01 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

www.ticketassasin.com helped me with a BS speeding ticket: 75 on a 70mph while I was driving in the middle lane behind someone.

Refunded $114.00
Old 02-02-2007 | 12:40 AM
MagnusB
Pro

But what do you do when it's your word against the police?
They say you went 85 and you say 65

Quick Reply: California Speeding Ticket Advice