996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

C4 AWD Growl/Whine...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:36 AM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can say I have a C4 and even on the Autobahn above 160MPH I have no drive train noise. Now wind, exhaust and tire noise is a different subject. Oh by the way what I am saying is from 0 to 170MPH and any speed in-between no drive train noise.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think we need to actually be in the car to put a baseline on this noise thing... what one calls a whine may not be to others because their hearing ain't good, they're not in the right driving situation, road etc.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:45 AM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel pretty confident in the no drive train noise as I have an annual flight physical and can hear and feel noises and vibrations that are not normal in any aircraft I am qualified to fly and any car I have ever driven for any length of time. Realize strange noises or vibrations are a very very bad thing at 35000 feet and I think most Commercial/ ATP qualified pilots would say the same (ie you learn the difference between hydraulics on your landing gear, P3 Air big and little to the whine of a UHF/ VHF/ FM radio that tells you that it is working and you are on the correct frequency). Of course I have heard the strange noises not associated to an aircraft 3 times in my life which ended up with between 1-4 holes in my plane and 18 in my helicopter when I used to fly one back in the First Gulf War. Did not make me to happy but all 3 people who shot at me failed to live very long, one thanks to the USAF F-15, one to the Navy F-18, and the third guy was tracked by a UAV and received a Hellfire missile complaints of an AH-64, thanks guys!

Quick Reply: C4 AWD Growl/Whine...