Sponsored by:

LLTek/ Evo Motorsports Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default LLTek/ Evo Motorsports Cold Air Intake

Yesterday or PCA Chapter had a swap meet. One esteemed club member (and attorney) was selling a cold air intake kit for a 996, because he traded up to a GT3. I already have the Fabspeed intake kit and and BMC air filter on my 996. The seller swore it was an Evolution Motorsports kit that cost him $595. I hemmed and hawed and for whatever reason offered him $200 which he took. I came home to check things out on the internet but cannot get into the Evolution Motorsports website. I did find the current version of the Evolution Motorsports cold air intake on another website but, it looks nothing like what I bought. Neither did the K&N kit.
My new purchase looks just like the Stage II kit that I saw on the LLTek website. A flat plate that mounts on the stock airbox, but does not have a new complete airbox. It also has a seperate intake tube with what looks like a K&N filter on the end. It has the mount for the MAS.

My questions are
1.) Did Evolution Motorsports have a "1st generation " kit that was a flat plate that mounted on the bottom half of the stock air box?
2.) Did this kit cause a "check engine light"?
3.) Does anyone know anything about the LLTEK kit?
4.) Do you think I just wasted $200?
Thanks
Old 01-28-2007, 07:06 PM
wlee69
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup - that intake looks like the old version of the EVO intake. The one you see on their site now is there newer version.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

do you have a pic of it?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Post a pic and we'll ID it. I have one, so will be able to say pretty quickly.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Thank you very much

Does the version that I just bought cause a check engine light?

will post a picture in a day or two.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Minoclan, I have the first generation EVO intake that you described. I love it. Together with your exhaust, it will sound fantastic! The only time I have gotten a check engine light, I cleaned the mass air meter with spray cleaner and fixed it. (too much oil on the K&N). $200 was a great price. Good luck...let us know how you like the new sound.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Let me know if you want a copy of the instructions for it.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Mfltech, looks like we have exactly the same intake/muffler/header combo. I agree, it's an awesome sound... one of the deciding factors when I bought my car.

It makes the stock config. sound tame and quiet in comparison. A porsche should sound like a racecar and that configuration does it - a good investment for those that do not have it... the sound will bring a smile to your face each time you start up the engine.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

You mean to tell me that it will be louder than it already is with the Fabspeed intake kit and BMC filter. I thought that with the headers, sport cats and freeflow mufflers I couldn't get another db out of the car.

MFLETCH if you could send me the instuctions, I would be eternally greatful.
my email is minoclan@patmedia.net

Gracias

Last edited by Minoclan; 01-28-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Minoclan, I'll hunt the instructions down tomorrow while cleaning my garage. In the mean time, if you go www.evoms.com and click on porsche, then support, installation, then select V-flow for carrera996/997. The instructions are similar for the second generation intake...I have the exact one for ours. I'll try to get it sent to you tomorrow. I think you'll love the sound.
Oreganet, I smile when it hits about 6,000 rpm. I go out of my way to keep I there. I want your aero kit plus the taco tail & headlight covers. Yours looks great in white. Have you done a chip?
Old 01-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mfletch
Oreganet, I smile when it hits about 6,000 rpm. I go out of my way to keep I there. I want your aero kit plus the taco tail & headlight covers. Yours looks great in white. Have you done a chip?
Thanks! Well, if you like the noise at high RPM, take it to a drag strip and red line it - you'll love that noise.

As for the chip, no, I've not. The consensus is that the chip doesn't really give value for money - $1000 for a hp increase that some debate is even there. I've been holding off until I can find someone who has posted a dyno readout before and after that is a worthwhile increase.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:23 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Oreganet, when I get my supercharger....I plan on visiting the dragstrip, I think it will be fun with the tiptronic. I sold my 89 saleen mustang (420 hp open track toy) to a buddy recently. It was a lot of fun on both the open track events and a couple of visits to the strip. The Porsche will have to replace it as my track toy. I modified the suspension the Saleen so much that, after 4 back surgeries, it killed me to drive it. Let me know how your suspension modifications go. I'll have to be careful so I don't make the Porsche undriveable.
I've read that EVO gets substantial gains from the non-e-gas cars. I'll inquire on the forum.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:55 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Minoclan, I sent you an e-mail with the instructions. I can't post them here because the file is too large. If I messed up the attachment, let me know and I will find out how to post it here. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:11 PM
johnny1423
Pro

minoclan,
wanna sell the fabspeed???
pm me if so

Quick Reply: LLTek/ Evo Motorsports Cold Air Intake