996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Anybody dealt with Wicked Motor Works??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 04:30 PM
mtv65
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody dealt with Wicked Motor Works??

Seems as if every car they sell has a 'salvaged' title...nice eye-candy with the kits and all but how are they MECHANICALLY? Never really understood what salvaged meant anyways...is that similar to reconditioned or refurbished merchandise they sell at those Outlet Stores (i.e. Sony's, Bose, aso...)

http://stores.ebay.com/Wicked-Motor-Works
Old 01-28-2007, 05:23 PM
aben8057
Drifting

MTV

In my early stages of researching 911's, I contacted them because of the modifications they incorporated into their cars. However, the salvage title always lingered in the back of my mind. I contacted them in regards to a car I was interested in however they did not have history of the salvage.
In the end I decided that I would rather have a cleaned titled car with a history. There are to many if’s going the other route ..does the body lines match up, any electrical issues, what kind of issues am I going to run into down the road?
I would say go with a clean titled car and do the mods yourself…their cars are way to overpriced for salvage titles.

My 2 cents
Old 01-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

i don't know... i don't think i would buy a salvaged title car just because you know something really went wrong with it, you just don't know what... i think if you consider it, just know that you might be opening a can of worms....... best to leave the pandora's box alone.........btw, there cars are way overpriced for salvaged.......
Old 01-28-2007, 07:53 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Salvaged means an insurance company has considered the car a total loss. The loss could be flood damage, accident, theft, etc.... My brother and I, just this morning, were talking about his Toyota Avalon which he purchased 10+ years ago and has a salvaged title. His was stolen from the previous owner with only 2900 miles on the odometer. The car wasn't found before the insurance company paid the previous owner, so once it was found it was labled as salvaged on the title. My brother ironically has 290,000 miles on that same Avalon. I wouldn't risk it though unless the car is going to be a dedicated track car.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

MTV, check out my post (new member with a rebuilt 996) about 20 back on this same page. You'll see what a salvage titled car looks like and what can go into rebuilding it. They do have some unusual looking cars.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:48 PM
tdub
Instructor

Those cars have ben on e bay forever
Old 01-29-2007, 12:40 PM
mtv65
Advanced

never considered buying anything from these clowns.......just curious what the board thought of such business practice ;-)
Old 01-29-2007, 02:29 PM
aben8057
Drifting

Originally Posted by mtv65
never considered buying anything from these clowns.......just curious what the board thought of such business practice ;-)

Barnum & Bailey said it the best..there is a sucker born every minute.

Quick Reply: Anybody dealt with Wicked Motor Works??