Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Why do I have to arm my car for the interior lights to go out?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 03:05 AM
jugger911
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question Why do I have to arm my car for the interior lights to go out?

With all the trouble some are having with doors not opening and car armed, I need to figure this one out. When I turn off my car, the interior lights stay on for around 20 seconds. The "amber accent lights" stay on until I arm the alarm. The ones that barely light the ignition switch, door handles, and radio area.

I have left the car for hours with them never going out. I have to arm my own car inside of locked garage every time I put her up. However, every now and again I screw around with different combinations of arming and un-arming and then I will here her lock with no alarm on??!! I never can keep up with what I just did to remember for the next time, out of frustration.

Can someone help me with this, or is she messed up? Do I have to arm, them quickly un-arm. Reopen the door? I don't care if she is locked(no alarm), or unlocked. She is inside of the garage. If I try to lock her with the key, the alarm will arm itself.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:32 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Part of this subject came up about a month ago. The small amber "accent lights" (the LEDs in the door handles and one on the dome assembly) will stay on for about 2 1/4 hours after you close the door and the car remains unlocked. They will turn off after that amount of time. I have not times how long they will stay on if the car is locked, because I don't lock my car when it is in the garage, which is EVERY night.

The dome "courtesy lights" will stay on for about 20 seconds as you have stated.

When you lock the car, it should also arm the alarm. If the car is locked and you accidently unlock the car, but do not open either door, the car will automatically relock itself in about 45 seconds. If you unlock the car and open the door, and then close the door, it will NOT relock automatically.

I'm not sure if I have answered all of your questions. If not, pleaase post what additional questions you have and we should eb able to answer them.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:22 PM
jugger911
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like that is what it is doing. I will keep an eye on it. Maybe I'm just too impatient to wait and see if they go out after 2 hours. I will try the "arm and unarm" then see if she auto-locks after 45 seconds. Thanx...

Quick Reply: Why do I have to arm my car for the interior lights to go out?