996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Scan tool options

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 01:20 PM
BuddyK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I run my Durametric on my Mac Book Pro.

( I do this by running Windows XP using the "bootcamp", and so technically, my Mac is an Intel PC running Windows on the side).

BUT - I betcha you can get it running on virtual PC - but what a headache. Go get yourself a new Macbook I guess is my advice. That might blow the budget for this, but I don't think you'll regret it.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by plantraco

( I do this by running Windows XP using the "bootcamp", and so technically, my Mac is an Intel PC running Windows on the side).

BUT - I betcha you can get it running on virtual PC - but what a headache. Go get yourself a new Macbook I guess is my advice. That might blow the budget for this, but I don't think you'll regret it.
Have you tried parallels?
Old 12-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Hmm, yes, of course I'm going to do this considering that I bought two brand new powerbooks months before the intel versions were released. Additionally, I refuse to run Windows on my macs - that's like putting ketchup on french food... absolutely repugnant.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:42 PM
BuddyK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I think you are right about that analogy. I wish that Durametric software ran on OSX -

(We have parallels running at work for a few things - it seems fine too)

Last edited by plantraco; 12-09-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Actually, I think you are right about that analogy. I wish that Durametric software ran on OSX -

(We have parallels running at work for a few things - it seems fine too)
I'd jump at the Durametric if the software was available, but I guess that is a long way (if ever) from happening. Same deal on the GPS software... I'm still waiting for Garmin's promised OS X software so that I can consider buying a GPS for my car.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Tippy, where is that pic in your avitar taken?
In an athletic center parking lot at an auto-x. I spun my car out when I swore up and down to people it was impossible. lol It was caught on film so I used it as my avatar.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:51 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Very cool pic! Reason I ask is I grew up in San Antonio and was trying to think of the places a Auto-X would be held.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Very cool pic! Reason I ask is I grew up in San Antonio and was trying to think of the places a Auto-X would be held.
Thanks, it was held at the Blossom Athletic Center parking lot. Too bad you dont still live here, it is hard to find people who are Porsche enthusiast, there are plenty here who own just for the name.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:57 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Ah, good ole Blossom. I graduated from Clark so I am very familiar with Blossom. We played alot of games there (I played baseball).

Totally understand about the lack of enthusiasts in the area. We almost moved back to San Antonio but we (me and my wife) just weren't feeling it. And as sad as it sounds, we really wanted to be near all the great tracks we have available to us here in the East Coast!
Old 12-10-2006, 07:31 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Tippy
Thanks, it was held at the Blossom Athletic Center parking lot. Too bad you dont still live here, it is hard to find people who are Porsche enthusiast, there are plenty here who own just for the name.
Tippy - I lived in SA for 30 years. We lived in the NW part of town and still have a lot of family and friends there. We are going back to SA for the Christmas hiliday season.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Dell - I live by Clark but graduated from Madison. I dont blame you for not wanting to move back, I cant wait to move away, just waiting unitl I get out of college.

Tim - I remember now you told me you lived here. When you are in town for the holidays, you will probably see me since I am always driving around somewhere. I think I have the only basalt black aero in town.

P.S. Do you two guys race together since you all live in NC and from SA?
Old 12-10-2006, 08:47 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Have had dinner with Tim when I was down in Charlotte but haven't seen his get his car out on the track. Come on Tim.... are ya chicken?
Old 12-11-2006, 07:40 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Have had dinner with Tim when I was down in Charlotte but haven't seen his get his car out on the track. Come on Tim.... are ya chicken?
No, not chicken! I have a friend that tracks his '05 'Vette, and between his comments and the comments made on Rennlist about how easy it is to get "hooked" on tracking the car, I have purposely avoided the track. In fact, I am almost certain that if I track it once, I will be on that "slippery slope" that many others are currently on. I still have 3.5 years of college to pay for my daughter, so I am avoiding the temptation for as long as I can. But, maybe someday......
Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

2 words Tim.....Student loans

j/k....all jokes aside, we'll see you at the track in 3.5 years. Unless of course your daughter does something to jeopardize your future at the track like go to grad school

Quick Reply: Scan tool options