Sponsored by:

19" Work Wheels for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 04:50 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe S.
Since when did wheel offsets become classified data?

Have you seen some of the crappy 19x11s coming out of Iforged lately? They stick out past the wheel well and when you go to lower your car good luck. Have fun grinding down the wheel hub to get them to fit. Look it's a trade secret for this set of wheels. THAT"S HOW I BOUGHT THEM FROM ALBERT and that's how the buyer will too. You just have to understand that this is a special set of rims and I'm not going to tell everyone what they are. If you can't understand that then too bad.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:51 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm not going to take sides but I really don't see the reason for NOT posting the offsets.

bowmann....if I were you I would post the EXACT size and offsets, price, and your contact info, then close the thread that way people can contact you if they are interested in negotiating the price.

Remember, it is not JUST people in the 996 crowd that are looking at your thread and if the size, etc., work for their car then they have their answer immediately and then can contact you if serious about them.

Just my $.02
Old 11-28-2006, 04:54 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

Originally Posted by LVDell
I'm not going to take sides but I really don't see the reason for NOT posting the offsets.

bowmann....if I were you I would post the EXACT size and offsets, price, and your contact info, then close the thread that way people can contact you if they are interested in negotiating the price.

Remember, it is not JUST people in the 996 crowd that are looking at your thread and if the size, etc., work for their car then they have their answer immediately and then can contact you if serious about them.

Just my $.02

You know I have been around this site for a long time, contributing and telling you about my time trials and experiences good and bad and I'm really disappointed that my integrity has been questioned here.

I Don't want to tell you because I think they are special. I think they are perfect. If they weren't why would I have driven around on them the past 2 years.

Also in the post I divulged the BSA ones I bought as having the wrong offset so don't worry about.

The fact that so many people care what the offset is even though they aren't going to buy them just further proves how important offset is for a 996.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

You know Ray you are realy pissing me off. I thought you were a great guy. You helped me numerous times when I was installing my coilovers and sway bars and now for you to sit there and POST that I'm trying to deceive nieve buyers is such bs. It's a personal attack and I really don't appreciate it.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:59 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Sounds like everybdy needs to lighten up. Bowmann you need to chill and not take things so seriously and the rest of you need to quit antagonizing him.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:00 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

FYI...I never questioned you integrity. You should know better than to talk about super secret offsets and NOT expect guys to ask what they are.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:01 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

Yeah you're right I don't want to disclose them because they look so WRONG on this car. Ray you're an idiot.
Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2006, 05:03 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Speed Yellow.......DROOL..........
Old 11-28-2006, 05:08 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

Last one, these are of Alberts car.

Work Rezax II
Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2006, 05:10 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

FYI...I never questioned you integrity. You should know better than to talk about super secret offsets and NOT expect guys to ask what they are.
Dell you of all people should know how important proper offsets are on these cars. After seeing some of the crap come out lately.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:21 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Totally agree with you. iForged is a perfect example of CRAP that they claim "proprietary offsets" yet they clearly are wrong. You are probably suffering the brunt off their BS in this thread. But, when you come out with "secret" offsets it sounds like there is something to hide (once again like iForged) you can't help but see it coming with the questions about offset. Yours appeare to be spot on and look great as well.

Best of luck with your sale. If I didn't already have a zillion wheels in the garage I would consider them as my street bling in a heartbeat.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:41 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

Totally agree with you. iForged is a perfect example of CRAP that they claim "proprietary offsets" yet they clearly are wrong. You are probably suffering the brunt off their BS in this thread. But, when you come out with "secret" offsets it sounds like there is something to hide (once again like iForged) you can't help but see it coming with the questions about offset. Yours appeare to be spot on and look great as well.

Best of luck with your sale. If I didn't already have a zillion wheels in the garage I would consider them as my street bling in a heartbeat.
Thanks for understanding. It's really not even that big of a deal they are only barely different than stock but still.

Did you end up getting that GT3? Man I'm so jealous. I wish I had the scratch for that ride.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:31 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Very welcome. Just try ot help stop a fire before it gets out of control.

I got the GT3 2 weeks ago and am taking it to VIR this weekend for a 2-day track event! Can't wait. She's at the shop right now getting track alignment and track goodies installed.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Bowmanm98 excuse me but all I did was ask you what the offsets were!?! I am always in the market for a good set of spare wheels if they will fit and the price is good.

You replied in a very defensive manner (check your post). As you seem to be aware there have been many people selling wheels on this forum for NB's with very questionable offsets.

You opened your post by stating "Amazing 19x10 and 19x8.5 for a narrow body 996." and "Absolutely perfect offset trust me." So pardon me, but I was curious what the offsets were! Is this not a fair question?

Then you come out with the following statement "They fill out the wheel well nicely but don't pass the inside of the fender in case you want to lower it. I have other wheels with the wrong offset if that's what you want. Both are within a couple mm of stock but it's up to the buyer to disclose that info if they want to. Trust me you'll love them."

Sorry, but this cryptic reply sent my scam alert off. I simply don't understand why anyone would want to hide offset info except to scam someone.

If I jumped to the wrong conclusion, I appologize. I certainly did not mean to ruin your post if your sale is honorable.

However, maybe you can explain why your offsets are secret?? I guess, I still don't get it?? Your car looks beautiful and the wheels do appear to fit fine. But really, who is going to buy wheels without basic measurement info??

Help me understand.......
Old 11-28-2006, 10:26 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

45mm Front 58mm Rear

Good you happy now? So you're going to buy them now that you know they are going to fit right?

Quick Reply: 19" Work Wheels for sale