Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Brad!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Kims996Cab
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Thanks for the explanation Brad. Can you explain why the key will still lock/arm and the unlock/disarm as well as start the car? Seems to me that the only inconvenience is the ability to lock/arm and the unlock/disarm remotely versus with the key in the door.
Dell, Just to be clear. There are two separate and distinct electronic matings that must take place between the car and the remote key:

1. even on the valet key, without remote button, there is a transponder embedded in the key head. This emits a signal that satisfies the on board immobilizer and allows the car to start when the key is inserted/turned. Each car can learn several (depends upon MY) keys in this manner. In the newer cars, this transponder also signals the seat position for this driver. This mating must be done by the dealer using a PCNA supplied code .... but does not require the bar code tag associates with the remote key head.

2. on remote key heads, the above mating must be accomplished, plus the remote transmitter in the key head must be mated to the car's alarm computer. This requires the PCNA code and the bar code, and enables the remote key head to operate the locks and alarm system .... remotely.

Dealer charge is not always outrageous. Here in ATL, it cost me less than $50 for two keys .... while I waited for about 10 minutes.

Hope that helps,

Quick Reply: Remote stopped working?