Sponsored by:

stoptech 14" kit for cheap!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 03:23 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default stoptech 14" kit for cheap!!

I have sold all my stuff for the car except the brakes. I am selling them on ebay with no reserve and they're at 100 bucks. They'll probably go for under 1k, not a bad deal for brakes that cost 2500 bucks plus rear parts to boot!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2498841&rd=1,1

Thanks guys,

Sean
Old 11-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Hey, I saw those earlier, great to know they come from a reputable source. How much do you think it would be to have them installed at an indie? and how do they interact with the stock rear brakes on my 99 C2? Lastly, what rotor would I need to match in rear?
Thanks, Robert
Old 11-21-2006, 03:43 PM
SPR
Drifting

Thanks for the cudos. I dunno how much they would cost as I installed them myself. I have a lift at my father's house. They worked great with the stock brakes, just make sure you match the friction material front and rear so you don't change the bias. I included matching rear pagid orange pads and stainless lines also. The car stopped like a maniac. I really didn't appreciate it truly until I took them off and was like wow this car sucks! My friend with a CGT did say that they were the same as on his car if you can believe that. Thanks Sean
Old 11-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

I'll make a few calls and check it out, and keep my eye on it. I need new brake pads and rotors anyway, so the cost would be offset somewhat. If you sell them outright what are you looking for?
Old 11-21-2006, 03:49 PM
SPR
Drifting

well to be perfectly honest I'd be happy getting 1k or over, but I don't know if it will go for more or less than that though. Sean
Old 11-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

well, I'm an ebay sniper, so I hope to see you at the end...
Good luck...
Old 11-21-2006, 04:15 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Forgive me on this one Sean but I have the "standard" brakes in my 996C2CAB and run the RS19 pagid Yellows and those pads will make your eyeballs pop out of your head. Not sure the utility of adding a brake setup in the front like that is going to make a dramatic (or even noticable) difference.

Did you run the RS44 in your car BEFORE you went to the StopTech kit? What kind of weight delta are these calipers v. the standard calipers?

If they are larger then I assume you have added weight to the car (unsprung and not good) and unless you are running slicks it doesn't matter how powerful the brake system is, street tires will cry under braking.

Not knocking your choice at all, just trying to understand why you moved to the StopTech system to begin with.

Best of luck with your eBay sale.

Quick Reply: stoptech 14" kit for cheap!!