Sponsored by:

CAB HARDTOPS: WHO HAS OR USES THEM

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 08:48 PM
AsianImage
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nick49
I just put it on and forgot what a nice top it is. I didn't use it last year but thought it only takes 10 minutes to get it out of the basement and install it. I keep it in a soft flannel top bag that keeps it protected and clean. Mine has full leather inside to match the interior and gives the car a different look and feel. I've had complements as well on how good it looks from the outside. I have mixed feelings about that and can't decide.
Wow...please teach me how to install the top in 10 mins...by yourself?
Old 11-25-2006, 10:09 PM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Can't do it alone as I don't want to risk scratching the car, but with an assistant it shouldn't take but 10 minutes to install, 15 if you clean the back window inside first.

How long do others take to do the install? Maybe it's one of those things that some people find enjoyable and take a lot of time doing.

That reminds me, a couple of years ago, my wife told me dinner would be on the table in 15 minutes. I told her I was going to put rear brake pads on her Grand Cherokee first. I was able to jack up the car from the rear differential, pull both rear wheels and calipers, install the pads and finish the job, wash up and sit down at the table in just under 14 minutes. Pretty fast I thought! The day prior I did the fronts and luckily it took the same tools so it was a breeze.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:50 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you have someone to help you, and you are not doing this for the first time, it should take about 10 minutes.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:58 AM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a ceiling hoist. It works great. I put the top on and off by myself in about 10 mins. I bought it in 99 so I don't remember where. Beverly Hills somthing or other. In the summer the top hangs there with the cover on it. I put some sponges where the hoist contacts the molding. No problems in 6 years.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:05 PM
TamiyaGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

Steve,

I think you're thinking of Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories. I think they went belly up a while ago, but the hoist should be available from tweeks.com or other online stores. It's a semi-generic lift meant to work with Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes and others.

Thanks,
Peter
Old 11-26-2006, 07:16 PM
JJD996
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one and use it for most of the winter. Seems to keep the interior warmer and cuts the noise down quite a bit. I would not like it on a day when I could ride with the top down but, if I have to button up, the hard top is worth it.

Quick Reply: CAB HARDTOPS: WHO HAS OR USES THEM