Misha GT2 Style Rear Wing

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Misha GT2 Style Rear Wing

I would like to hear rennlister opinions on this product (from people that have actually put it on their cars).

First some information.
- My car is an '02 996 C2.
- I do not plan on taking this car to the track for a few years. My 986 will remain my track car until I turn the 996 into a PCA Club racer down the road. (then I will put the GT3 wing on).
- I am adding the GT3 front bumper at the same time (already have the sideskirts installed).

My questions are;

1) How is the quality of this product?
2) Have you noticed that this product adds stability or or detracts from stability at highway speed +++?

I am not looking for opinions on the look of this product (I can form those on my own), or opinions from those that have never driven a 996 with this installed (speculation will not help me).
Old 11-02-2006, 11:17 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Ray, ping Chris (C4S Surgeon) as I believe he had it and HATED it! The high speed stability was scary and he replaced with Porsche OEM instead.

Good for bling, bad for stability. Also, I would bet that GT2 wing it WAY TOO overpowering for a narrow body C2.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:49 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the stability would be fine a highway speeds but not on the track. chris didn't add the deeper turbo splitter or gt2 bumper so his front end got light at track speeds, no? at freeway speeds 65~90 it should be fine.

i somewhat agree with dell. although i think it looks ok on a narrowbody, it really belongs on a widebody. also i think it would look weird with a gt3 front bumper, JMHO.

quality wise i have been told it's real good.

i think your best bet is to deck your car out with the full gt3 mk2/aerokit 2. you already have the sideskirts and front bumper. just add the tail now... why wait when you go racing?
Old 11-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I had one on my 02 C4S and loved it. It was a bit more "darty" at high speed but once I put on my TA front spoiler all was well. I got one of the very first ones and the quality was good as well as the fit.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:21 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

I had a misha on my white C2. Problem is it is a drop in unit to the factory decklid. The wing is held on by like 6 bolts. It fit crappy and at high freeway speeds it was a little sketchy. You would be better with the correct full 1 piece wing like an original GT2. Mashaw and Precision Porsche make them. Here is a pic of the cheap drop in Misha wing (cost the same as the full unit by the other 2 manufacturers) -
http://www.myvividracing.com/gallery...php?i=464&c=39

Here is the quality MaShaw Wing -
http://www.myvividracing.com/gallery...php?i=474&c=40

Here is the Precision Porsche Wing -
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/w...es/drubes1.jpg

You can see the difference in height. The 1 piece wings fit with all factory fans, hardware, and etc. They are the same fit and finish as the real GT2. That is my 2cents from PERSONAL experience.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:22 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

btw Tim your car looks really really good!
Old 11-02-2006, 03:19 PM
c4bliss
Racer

I have the wing on my car. Fit is very nice, i have no issue with it at all. No real stability issues that i can tell, and rumor has it, the car has been north of 125 for extended periods.... I have watched the wing in my mirror to look for any wierdness and havent seen any. I have the gt3 bumper and skirts as well.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:06 PM
wyo996
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have the Misha GT2 wing on my C4S 02 and it was the only wing at the time that fit the C4S.(not counting the little baby wings that abound). It is rock solid and very well made. I chose to not add the extra light since the existing one is visible with the wing. I also have the NR auto GT2 front bumper made of urethane and have rock solid stability at 165+. Will
Old 11-02-2006, 04:29 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

The key is the matching front the decrease the airflow under the car thus reducing lift. But if you add that monster wing to the rear and increase the downforce in the rear without reducing the lift in the fron you are asking for a scary ride at higher speeds.

The PAG engineers spent alot of time and $$$ on the design of the factory aerokits and there is a reason they will ALWAYS outperform and have the better stability than all the copies and knockoffs. Just something to think about when shopping.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Cool996
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ray S
I would like to hear rennlister opinions on this product (from people that have actually put it on their cars).

First some information.
- My car is an '02 996 C2.
- I do not plan on taking this car to the track for a few years. My 986 will remain my track car until I turn the 996 into a PCA Club racer down the road. (then I will put the GT3 wing on).
- I am adding the GT3 front bumper at the same time (already have the sideskirts installed).

My questions are;

1) How is the quality of this product?
2) Have you noticed that this product adds stability or or detracts from stability at highway speed +++?

I am not looking for opinions on the look of this product (I can form those on my own), or opinions from those that have never driven a 996 with this installed (speculation will not help me).

I think the quality of this product is great... at highway speeds I don't notice any difference and that's from 90~120. It's different cause its a gt2 style wing on a gt3 style base, I like the look.

Quick Reply: Misha GT2 Style Rear Wing