Winter tire sizing advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Hi Zookie,
haven't seen you out at our GTG in awhile, what are you up to?
Yeah I'm about to order the snowsports 240 today...295/35R18 it is. Why didn't you go with the 235/40R18 for the fronts?
Also, who's doing your install in TO?
Sorry man 10am on a Satruday is too early for a young blood like me... As for the Tire Size i just found out about the 235/40/18, i'm going to call them today and see if i can still change my order coz my tires are still on Order. They dont have that Size on their website...

EU Autowerks is going to do the Install...
Old 10-24-2006, 04:18 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
Sorry man 10am on a Satruday is too early for a young blood like me...

EU Autowerks is going to do the Install...
Enjoy it while you can, 'cause pretty soon you'll be married with kids and getting out of the house on Sat mornings with your p-car early will be the quietest part of the day!

...just spoke to Dominic at EU Autowerks...those guys are great; only ones that could answer with complete confidence the rear tire question! I'll have my tires shipped straight to them for the install. BTW: he said you can go either with 225/40R18 or 235/40/R18 on the fronts...he prefers sticking to the narrower ones so that you don't have to reset your front end alignment everytime you swap them.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Enjoy it while you can, 'cause pretty soon you'll be married with kids and getting out of the house on Sat mornings with your p-car early will be the quietest part of the day!

...just spoke to Dominic at EU Autowerks...those guys are great; only ones that could answer with complete confidence the rear tire question! I'll have my tires shipped straight to them for the install. BTW: he said you can go either with 225/40R18 or 235/40/R18 on the fronts...he prefers sticking to the narrower ones so that you don't have to reset your front end alignment everytime you swap them.
lol hahaha married... i'm 20 man i dont plan on getting married for another 10 years or so lol. Not that i'm planing but you never know.

Yea guys at Autowerks know their ish. Cool, i dint know that 225/40 is fine. So what i ordered is fine. Thanks. I actully went to Dominic first for the tires he found out he cant get em for another month or so. He quoted me $1600+Taxes installed. Which is not bad at all... So its up to you where you want to get your tires from Phil. Goodluck and Keep us updated.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Als996
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice
Old 10-24-2006, 07:07 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Just ordered the Snowsport 240s from Tirerack to ship directly to EU Autowerks. I also ordered some new summer rears ( Potenzas R02 A) at the same time since mine are gone. All told its $1650 USD incl. shipping for 6 tires.

Quick Reply: Winter tire sizing advice