Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Thinking of giving up the P-car for an S4, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 05:12 PM
ayaz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a C2 cab and an S4 as my winter car. the s4 is an amazing machine, but its no porsche. when i drive the s4 a lot i start to miss the porsche. it never happens the other way around.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:43 PM
path
Instructor

I was just testing you guys to see how loyal you really were. Just kidding. We have a two car garage and I'm of the mind-set that I'm going to own one car and drive the hell out it. I've decided to keep the P car and wait to see what happens. No need to make a rash decision. You guys are right, Porsches are amazing and I'm not giving mine up without a fight. I love my car. Thanks for talking me down.

Pat
Old 10-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Eisboch
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Pat, I went through the same dilemma - in reverse. I special ordered an '05 S4 with special paint (Northern Blue). Car was fully loaded with 6MT, etc. but I never liked the feel of the car and sold it with less than 700 miles on the odo. Steering, shifter never felt right - the car also felt heavy. Yeah, it was fast, but it didn't do it for me, so I cut my losses and searched for the perfect (for me) P-car.
Boy, does your story sound familiar. I just traded an '06 BMW M5 with 650 miles on it for the same reasons. It just didn't feel right. Sorta felt like half driver/half passenger when using it.

Traded it in on an '02 996TT. Now *thats* what I am talking about!
I feel "connected" with it even when just sitting in the driveway with the engine off.

Eisboch
Old 10-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Eisboch
Boy, does your story sound familiar. I just traded an '06 BMW M5 with 650 miles on it for the same reasons. It just didn't feel right. Sorta felt like half driver/half passenger when using it.

Traded it in on an '02 996TT. Now *thats* what I am talking about!
I feel "connected" with it even when just sitting in the driveway with the engine off.

Eisboch
Exactly!! Never looked back once I got the C4S - even though it's not my everyday car, I look forward to driving it, cleaning it, or just staring at it. Never felt that way about the S4 - there was just a disconnect that needed a Porsche fix!

Quick Reply: Thinking of giving up the P-car for an S4, need help!